Abuse of authority by Singapore Bus Service Traffic Wardens

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me rules are meant to be obeyed BUT break the rules only if life and/or properties are at risk...in this case...NOTHING is at risk...maybe perhaps empty stomach at risk of getting gastic...:dunno:

since when lao bai xing becomes lao bi xing -_-

lao bai xing literally means "hundred family names" (or surnames). it's a phrase meaning commoners

It means Lao Bi Xing (Commoner) cant even light up our lamps at night but gar..ment can set fire

Did they disturb or curse you. They are not your enemies. U will cause them to loose their jobs if you report to the media. The wives, children and parents will be come hungry. They will jump. Can you be responsible for their actions. Think about it before destroying people's lives.

you mean if you see something not right..just close the eye? imagine passing by when some robbery take place.. well the robber does NOT disturb or curse you..(they also have family to feed...if they are jail.. their family will be hungry as well..)just turn your head and carry on with your journey? that's sad:(

I want to clarify that I had no intention to destroy any one's lives!...everyone has their family...wives, children...parents to feed..me, you and the two officers included...we are resposible to our own action... if the two officers want to park there and when someone confronted them, still sit there and carry on enjoying their breakfast... don't even bother to apologise or shift their bike, (they are showing you that they can park and nothing can happen to them..cos they are the authority!) you tell me WHO DESTROY WHO'S LIVES?? they have to be responsible to their own action... knowing very well that public are watching! if they are not afraid of that... then.. that's no secret about it.. it's open to all to see....did i edit the clip and twisted the fact? destorying their lives?

Thanks for the translations... hmmm....

As some had mentioned, the two wardens were confronted and yet they ignored and just say that they are doing their duty thus are allowed to park their bikes illegally, do we close our eyes? If that's the case, they should close their eyes too and not fine those who parked on the double yellow lines for some people are just there for a short while to run important errands. Doesn't the law applies to them who are to enforce it too?

If all of us take an attitude of let it be, we have families to feed. Than those who steals should be ignored too as they too steall on some kind of needs too right? inclusive of feeding their own families. Do we stop them and ask why they steal? And if their reply is to feed the family, do you just allow them to keep on stealing? No I bet you won't, is it because they are not in uniform nor doing and "official" duty except for their own duty of feeding the family?

Do I want people to suffer by wanting them to be punished? No, not in general. They if they are not considered to others and with excuse of doing their job but at the same time showing others that they themselves are allowed to break the law, than why should they be treated differently?

Its like saying an environment officer saman you for littering but at the same time throwing cigarette butts on the floor... is that ok for you? If they say that they are doing their duty and the rubbish bin is far away, will you accept that?

These wardens can easily park their bikes at the carpark behind the coffee shop where they ate. They were not attending to off the road emergencies where diverting into a carpark means life or death situations.

Anyways, it is just my thoughts. Allow the law enforcer to break the law without justifications is as good as sayaing "as long as it is not "I" that kena saman, I don't care".

Remarks: My views is NOT to target any individual(s) but to clarify what I think a rule/law should be held. No worries.. if I kena "warning", it is only a warning... not a saman...

Maybe we can start a thread for pictures of enforcement officers booking offenders ?? And also pictures of where they park their vehicles? LoL...so sianz gotto work 2 shifts when most of you enjoying this holiday period...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.