about canon services. *please help*

Status
Not open for further replies.

gripmaster

Apr 6, 2009
1)

hi guys, this morning i took off the kit lens from my 350D as i wanted to test my new
50mm 1.8 and to my surprise i noticed that there is a horrifying amount of dust and whatnot in the sensor! so, i quickly went to the canon webby and checked out the services they offer and tada* i found what i was looking for.

http://www.canon.com.sg/section/customercare/servicecharges-dc.jsp

however, i've watched and read about sensor cleaning and contemplating whether i should do it myself.

2)

do you guys have any idea what kind of dslr body cleaning they do? is it worth sending my camera for it?

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE:D

Unless you had the mirror locked up, you would be seeing the dust on the mirror. Much easier to clean than the sensor but still care to be taken. Google it and DIY!!!

just wait till canon photomarathon!

got free sensor cleaning!

or you can follow what catchlights bro said, DIY from videos and tutorials.

hi guys, this morning i took off the kit lens from my 350D as i wanted to test my new
50mm 1.8 and to my surprise i noticed that there is a horrifying amount of dust and whatnot in the sensor!...

Are you sure you were looking at the sensor? Unless you have activated any sensor cleaning function in the camera menu you have only seen the mirror. If the mirror has the amount of dust you describe then my guess is that you'd notice already in viewfinder or due to focusing issues. The flip mirror appears a bit unclear since it's semi-transparent and you will see a bit through into the back and bottom of the chamber.
If it's really dust then face the cam downwards and blow at the mirror. Don't touch the mirror! For more details just follow tutorials and read up.

thanks for the replies. now i know that i have to use sensor cleaning function before anything.

thanks!

the sensor cleaning function does not really help...

but seriously if you're going for the photomarathon,

you have free sensor cleaning as a participant.

In 350D the sensor cleaning only flips up the mirror and opens the shutter curtain. There is no shaking or vibrating. That only comes with 400D and above.

Does the 1DMKII use the vibrating method such as Olympus' or does it use the intermolecuar charges to "shock" off the dust?

Status
Not open for further replies.