About Canon 28mm-300mm F3.5-5.6L IS USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ergoh

Jul 31, 2005
Singapore
Anyone using the Canon 28mm-300mm F3.5-5.6L IS USM?
Can share yr experience abt this lens?

Been tempted to invest in this one, but the weight & size put me off.

I've also seen the
Sigma 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 DG Macro & Tamron 28-300mm F3.5-6.3 XR Di

I like the weight & size, but at 300mm the picture quality doesnt seem to impress, or is it bcos of me?

I already got the 28-105mm USM & 75-300mm IS USM, wat is yr suggestion on getting a lens that covers all. :rolleyes:

The range is fantastic, and it is a L lense, so the quality can't be bad. But the size is big and it is heavy, if you are thinking of using as a walkaround lense, you may find it too heavy to lug around everyday.

My opinion is I will generally avoid those 10X zoom lense, as the quality is usually questionable. If you are using it for tour and you want a light setup, then it is quite suitable. But if you want good image quality, it would be better to use 2 - 3 zoom lenses to cover the same range, or better still primes.

I think you already have a nice range of lenses.

I would think this would be really useful if you are photojournalist who can't afford to waste much time swopping lenses. Besides changing lenses in extreme conditions is not really recommended.

Really depends on your needs. Are you after optical quality or content quality.

Thanks guys for yr feedback.
i really find it cumbersome to change between my 28-105 and 75-300.
recently at most of the fashion show, I had this problem. my 75mm cannot take a full body shot, however i like the 300mm for a real close up shot. so decided to try using the 28-105. yes I was able to take a full body shot but the close up wasnt impressive as compared to my 300mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.