Abandoned House in Sentosa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine what you will find there at night... :sweat:

Lion king said:
This is block 48

blk48.jpg

The bats are in one of the rooms on the 2nd floor.

by any chance, did you see a big wooden circular thing (those big cable inner rolls) inside on the first floor?

holeinone said:
I can't imagine what you will find there at night... :sweat:

I can see there are no roadside lamp posts or any other light sources and it'll be in total darkness in that area. Hahaha...no doubts it'll be super eerie but dun let yr mind plays tricks on you. All one need to do is to prepare well for some of the essential equipments and tools i.e. insect repellents, strong torch light like Maglite or fluorescent lamp (Energizer 3-in-1 light is cheap) to find yr way and jot down notes on exposures, many spare batteries, safari stool (optional but you need to sit & wait during the long exposure timing), water bottle (to quench yr thrist). The rest are yr camera & lenses, flashlight, notebook, stop-watch, tripod and so on.

Always prepare one important thing with you on such night trips, keep a list of telephone numbers especially the authority help lines (in this case Sentosa security department, if there's any), should any case of emergency or mishaps occur. Never travel alone for night photography. Travel in a small group of 5 persons is just nice.

Most importantly, enjoy the night sceneries and night shootings. :)

Mezzotint said:
I can see there are no roadside lamp posts or any other light sources and it'll be in total darkness in that area. Hahaha...no doubts it'll be super eerie but dun let yr mind plays tricks on you. All one need to do is to prepare well for some of the essential equipments and tools i.e. insect repellents, strong torch light like Maglite or fluorescent lamp (Energizer 3-in-1 light is cheap) to find yr way and jot down notes on exposures, many spare batteries, safari stool (optional but you need to sit & wait during the long exposure timing), water bottle (to quench yr thrist). The rest are yr camera & lenses, flashlight, notebook, stop-watch, tripod and so on.

Always prepare one important thing with you on such night trips, keep a list of telephone numbers especially the authority help lines (in this case Sentosa security department, if there's any), should any case of emergency or mishaps occur. Never travel alone for night photography. Travel in a small group of 5 persons is just nice.

Most importantly, enjoy the night sceneries and night shootings. :)
hmm.. dont think all those are necessary for me.. i wont be there long enough to prepare everything:sweat: :bsmilie:

Jacobyeo said:
hmm.. dont think all those are necessary for me.. i wont be there long enough to prepare everything:sweat: :bsmilie:

Well that's becuz you're lazy, aren't you? Or maybe you don't bother abt it at all. No hard feelings mate. ;)

I'm talking abt shooting in films for super long exposure timing. With much perseverance and persistence, you make the trip more worthy being well-prepared and most importantly know what you want and what to look for in yr night shooting.

Most photographers think night photography are not applicable to them not to mention of their likings & dislikings. They simply put their cameras away and "call it a day" after sunset. There's always cliches such as "what's there to shoot in the night?" or "So boring!" etc etc. No wonder there are lotsa sunset pictures posted in this forum. On the other hand, some photographers at some point get curious and wander into the darkness with camera and tripod in hand. :)

However shooting night photography digitally can still be done with, of cuz lotsa experiments to get the right exposures and thereafter some post-editing in Photoshop. Though night photography is nothing new it has the ability to take a scene and cast it in an unusual light - much like the golden hour surrounding sunrise and sunset can add an element of mood and uniqueness to a sunlit scene. The most magical thing about the night is the element of surprise. One can never be sure of what will happen when the shutter opens after dark. Overall it still lies in the photographer himself on how he sees with his creative mind to compose his night shots. No 2 images are alike, as each interprets differently from different photographers. :)

Mezzotint said:
Well that's becuz you're lazy, aren't you? Or maybe you don't bother abt it at all. No hard feelings mate. ;)

I'm talking abt shooting in films for super long exposure timing. With much perseverance and persistence, you make the trip more worthy being well-prepared and most importantly know what you want and what to look for in yr night shooting.

Most photographers think night photography are not applicable to them not to mention of their likings & dislikings. They simply put their cameras away and "call it a day" after sunset. There's always cliches such as "what's there to shoot in the night?" or "So boring!" etc etc. No wonder there are lotsa sunset pictures posted in this forum. On the other hand, some photographers at some point get curious and wander into the darkness with camera and tripod in hand. :)

However shooting night photography digitally can still be done with, of cuz lotsa experiments to get the right exposures and thereafter some post-editing in Photoshop. Though night photography is nothing new it has the ability to take a scene and cast it in an unusual light - much like the golden hour surrounding sunrise and sunset can add an element of mood and uniqueness to a sunlit scene. The most magical thing about the night is the element of surprise. One can never be sure of what will happen when the shutter opens after dark. Overall it still lies in the photographer himself on how he sees with his creative mind to compose his night shots. No 2 images are alike, as each interprets differently from different photographers. :)
Well said :thumbsup:

Mezzotint said:

i was just joking man! :bsmilie:

i will really freak out if i have to photograph an old house at night.. it gives me the creeps:sweat: i do night shoots most of the time.. so i understand what u are saying.. relax bro!:bsmilie:

i am very familiar with this buildin...have done lots of research through the years...a lovely place

Is there a toilet in there with swing doors? Quite a conducive environment to conduct night walks for camps when all the bats are awake...

just went there, and found that the abandoned houses already change to hotel (under construction). is there any other abandoned houses in singapore?

jenesaispa said:
just went there, and found that the abandoned houses already change to hotel (under construction). is there any other abandoned houses in singapore?

That hotel happens to be Amara Hotel. My friend who works in that hotel told me the hotel is renovating 2 blocks i.e. Blk 50 & 52 (I think) for their business. So I guess the other 2 blocks i.e. Blk 48 & 49 are still untouched.

Redstone, please verify on block numbers. :)

Slivester said:
Yeah, I was just quite forunate to find it while being bored down by the class gathering, and went cycling with another friend.

We went up a slope-cycling track from a rental shop not far away from the rear exit of Costa Sands Resort (where signs said "get off and walk - steep slope"), and exit to cycle on hilly roads. We just kept going forward, until we reach the first abandoned house. That one looked new. We move on, and was nearly a steep downhill before I spotted this gem.

There are no barriers, no warning signs or anything that prevent us from entering. The house's interior is dark, and creeping with lots of ants. I got tonnes of bites for wearing shorts. :(

luckily u wear shorts, unless u want to strip & search....

should have more pics since it is an interesting place....

We have suspicions that it might have been a hospital. Records indicate that it was renamed as ironside road. Formerly known as Hospital Rd/Dr.

Popped by for a visit yesterday...seems the whole area is sealed off by construction. No visible way to approach the house, jogging tracks, roads, all been cut off by construction zinc barricades.

160067392_cc453b8e1d.jpg

160067523_ebe01f4a92.jpg

Backdoor from the slope seem sealed off too, they created a construction perimeter around the house. Construction workers are quick to report to their foremen of people loitering around the area too. Haaa

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.