A850: More details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fwah...

trying to tahan the poison now... hehe :sweatsm:

i m sure a850 will be a good buy, i m thinking of dumping the a300 to upgrade to this liao..the 2475 CZ lenses is already worth the camera body price...

i m sure a850 will be a good buy, i m thinking of dumping the a300 to upgrade to this liao..the 2475 CZ lenses is already worth the camera body price...

The 24-70 you mean? Well, that's why there's now the cheaper 28-75...

Looks like there might be a great shift of attention towards this A850. Great to see more bodies from Sony. Possibly a backup body for A900. For the purpose of light travel...i dream of a A580 with a A500 body and Full frame+ tilting LCD....woo!! hoo!!....(dream on sulhan)....

Looks like there might be a great shift of attention towards this A850. Great to see more bodies from Sony. Possibly a backup body for A900. For the purpose of light travel...i dream of a A580 with a A500 body and Full frame+ tilting LCD....woo!! hoo!!....(dream on sulhan)....

Eh bro... really dream on lar... otherwise get the Oly E-Pen... quite tempting though... small, light, interchangeable lens... only the 4/3 sensor is a put off...

Or the new Panasonic GF-1. They call this Full frame for digital camera in 4/3 system. :)

BTW, any site showing any pictures taken by the A850 ?

Last edited:
Or the new Panasonic GF-1. They call this Full frame for digital camera in 4/3 system. :)

BTW, any site showing any pictures taken by the A850 ?

That's just because technically, a 4/3 sensor is a full-frame sensor in the 4/3 format. But it's a far cry from a "traditional" full-frame sensor based on the 35mm format.

There are many A850 pictures already, both from previews, reviews and actual end-users. It's all over the web. :)

That's just because technically, a 4/3 sensor is a full-frame sensor in the 4/3 format. But it's a far cry from a "traditional" full-frame sensor based on the 35mm format.

There are many A850 pictures already, both from previews, reviews and actual end-users. It's all over the web. :)

But the Sony Center havent start selling it. So cant try it out.

But the Sony Center havent start selling it. So cant try it out.

They haven't put it on display here yet, but it is on sale elsewhere already.

As for image quality, might as well just try the A900.

hmm...not amaze by the new cam wor.:(
guess i will still hold on to my A700 and wait for the A900 replacer.:D

hmm...not amaze by the new cam wor.:(
guess i will still hold on to my A700 and wait for the A900 replacer.:D

I would do exactly that if I were you, wait for the new sensor to appear on FF :) but it will most certainly be quite costly :(

Last edited:
> "I would do exactly that if I were you, wait for the new sensor to appear on FF"

I have convinced myself that the A850 is a simple case of Sony off-loading surplus A900 components before bringing out a fantastic FF camera with Exmor-R and other up to date features. I have not read, nor can I think of any other explanation for releasing an A900 clone at a significantly lower price.

Do not think that I am knocking the A850. I intend to buy an A850, (if Tokina bring out a 10-17mm Alpha lens), in two months time when I get out East to your part of the world for the winter. I think it is the best value FF camera available, by far, (or at least it will be when the premium price disappears). I can not see how bringing out this model makes sense in any other way.

However, the fantastic next model that I anticipate will be much more expensive than an A850. An A850 is good enough for me, and is the best on which I can justify spending a lot of money.

Last edited:
"I have convinced myself that the A850 is a simple case of Sony off-loading surplus A900 components before bringing out a fantastic FF camera with Exmor-R and other up to date features."

I have the same sentiments :)

I have convinced myself that the A850 is a simple case of Sony off-loading surplus A900 components before bringing out a fantastic FF camera with Exmor-R and other up to date features. I have not read, nor can I think of any other explanation for releasing an A900 clone at a significantly lower price.

Market share, my friend.

>
However, the fantastic next model that I anticipate will be much more expensive than an A850. An A850 is good enough for me, and is the best on which I can justify spending a lot of money.

might be worst case : more expensive than A900..:dunno:

got a msg from a local shop... definitely is 1-2 weeks...

Check out during the Comex show... maybe able to find there!

Will give it a miss this time as the camera is a cripple of A 900,doesn't seem to have any additional FW to back up the system, so will have to wait for longer period of time.:sweat:

it's oredi out... check out at ur friendly shop :)

Status
Not open for further replies.