A850: More details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a person who's tried it hands-on...

Price will be about 3000-3200 SGD.
It's lighter than the A900, a bit smaller and handier.
Would make an excellent backup body.
Released in 1-2 weeks in the local shops.

Close to 2K Euro's, a bit more then 3200 SGD?

sorry for the OT.
since malaysia is cheaper than singapore,
where to buy sony lens etc. in kl. am going for a trip soon. or should i go to the sonystyle in malaysia.
thanks

The progression of technology and model sounded promising, the deal maker for me would be the price and Micro adjustment... :p

Just need my "MAS" to release money for me hehehe... school supplies... :angel:

the progression of technology and model sounded promising, the deal maker for me would be the price and micro adjustment... :p

just need my "mas" to release money for me hehehe... School supplies... :angel:

mamas? :)

how about buying in Japan ? more expensive ?

i am thinking of going Tokyo in Nov'09 and check out the second hand shops, heard a lot of G lenses inside

Last edited:
Nope... MAS = Monetary Authority of Singapore, also known as WIFE!:bsmilie:

wah .... need to write in to seek In Principle Approval .... for the funds to be released....:)

wah .... need to write in to seek In Principle Approval .... for the funds to be released....:)

Wrong, must write Proposal first, then seek In Principle Approval... do things must do properly... step by step... otherwise sure kenna rejected one...

Wrong, must write Proposal first, then seek In Principle Approval... do things must do properly... step by step... otherwise sure kenna rejected one...

Before that it must have been bugetted in the 5-year Budget Projection already...or else no way ... :)

Before that it must have been bugetted in the 5-year Budget Projection already...or else no way ... :)

And before proposal must pass through Parliamentary debate first...:confused:

WOW!!! This would really have been the full frame I would have bought... not the A900... bu that's all water under the bridge by now... :(

Key differences seem only to be the viewfinder (98% vs 100% for A900) and the frame rate (3fps vs 5fps for A900)... all other specs seem to be identical up to the dual bionz processors... looks like the processors are integral to dealing with the huge amount of data generated by the huge mp count...

The A850 is so similar to the A900 if Sony doesn't bring out a new flagship product the A900 will die. So what else do they have in the pipeline? Will we soon see an A950 with Exmor-R, & video?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.