A7r mk2

Anyone had problem with their A7R2 grip? I feel my hand doesn't fit well with the grip. My pinky seems hanging, causing strains on my other fingers.

small camera are like that.
A7R2 grip is already consider good. as they are deep enough to hold. If its uncomfortable for you.. consider getting a battery grip or go back to a DSLR.

Anyone had problem with their A7R2 grip? I feel my hand doesn't fit well with the grip. My pinky seems hanging, causing strains on my other fingers.

Another option is to get an L bracket that extends to the battery door. I know RRS makes one for the a7r2 but I personally don't like the design as it requires you remove the existing battery door and place it on the L bracket side instead, that's why I got the one for A7ii which does not extend past the battery compartment.

My A7r2 spends most of its shooting time on a tripod so I can live with that dangling pinky issue.

Understand where u coming from... That's why i put on the gariz case. The base thickness of the gariz case adds a little bit more room for the pinky finger.

after use gariz case for my last A7r , still prefer the normal cheap L plate

Warning you are in NTSC Mode message when I turn on camera, anyway to off it ?

Hi,
Anyone facing a focussing issue with fotodiox adaptor?
It was working fine for a few weeks, but suddenly today, my Sony A7RII can't focus my Canon 24-70 F2.8 on the fotodiox adaptor. tried a few lens, only the canon 40mm STM could try to focus, but not accurate. I've checked the AF/MF buttons and aperture redings are all accurate though. Any help is much appreciated! don't want to end up buying the metabones or native lens.

I'm using Sigma MC-11 adapter, can't check for ya. Suggest you contact Fotodiox support since it's their product.

I'm using Sigma MC-11 adapter, can't check for ya. Suggest you contact Fotodiox support since it's their product.

Thanks for your reply man. What lenses are you using on the adaptor? Wondering if it will work on the 24-70 F2.8 and 70-200 F4 as those are my primary lens.

so many alternative adapters to choose from im not sure which one to get if the fotodiox is really faulty.

Thanks for your reply man. What lenses are you using on the adaptor? Wondering if it will work on the 24-70 F2.8 and 70-200 F4 as those are my primary lens.

so many alternative adapters to choose from im not sure which one to get if the fotodiox is really faulty.

Using Canon 50 f/1.8 STM and Sigma 24-105 f/4. It really does work best with Sigma lenses, with support for stuff like Eye-AF, etc.

Metabones, for the price, can also be faulty. I've had the opportunity to use the Metabones Mk IV on some recent shoots, it had iffy contact with the body (but I suppose one could also chalk that up to the kinda use/abuse that rental gear goes thru).

$550 cash rebate now!
$33xx only after rebate, wow!
Expect second body to drop below $3k...

Last edited:
$550 cash rebate now!
$33xx only after rebate, wow!
Expect second body to drop below $3k...
The $550 cash rebate has been on for at least a month (from the $4099 retail price which street price might be a bit lower). So street price after rebate will be around $34xx - $35xx
Airport price last Saturday was still $34xx (the same as a month before), bro!

Good luck for your hunting ...! :)

The $550 cash rebate has been on for at least a month (from the $4099 retail price which street price might be a bit lower). So street price after rebate will be around $34xx - $35xx
Airport price last Saturday was still $34xx (the same as a month before), bro!

Good luck for your hunting ...! :)

street price for A7r2 after rebate promotion already $33xx now. But this promotion only till month end, good luck to him for hunting a $2800 2nd hand A7r2 . LOL

Hi. Did anyone use any wireless remote control besides the app. I find the app lags tremendously.

I use to own a hahnel giga pro and it was awesome on my 5dm3, but now, for a7r2, I can't even find a wireless and cableless remote.

My condition is that it has to be a non infrared, hence it has to be on WiFi.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hi. Did anyone use any wireless remote control besides the app. I find the app lags tremendously.

I use to own a hahnel giga pro and it was awesome on my 5dm3, but now, for a7r2, I can't even find a wireless and cableless remote.

My condition is that it has to be a non infrared, hence it has to be on WiFi.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Just buy the JJC remote for A7Rii. Cheap, good and reliable. Has been using it for 2 years now w/o issues.

Attachments

• $ForumRunner_20170520_092319.jpg
    $ForumRunner_20170520_092319.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 14