A70and Olympus 3040

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewtankw

Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

Interested to know whether which is better A70 or the Olympus 3040.

Going to get either one. Any recommendations?

Refer to http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21296

What's your :

01. Budget?
02. Megapixel count?
03. Optical zoom factor?
04. Size?
05. Type of batteries used?
06. Weight?
07. Able to mount lenses/filters?
08. Manual controls required?
09. Auto-Focus Speed?
10. What kind of pictures are you hoping to take?

Well I am looking for a 3 Mp+ in the range of 600

I need something with A4 batts, opportunity to develope further in photography skills ..hopefully

Memory type is fine with me as I do not have any preference.

The 2 above size is about right not too big and not too small. Can also mount additional lens which is a bonus. :)

Originally posted by andrewtankw
Well I am looking for a 3 Mp+ in the range of 600

I need something with A4 batts, opportunity to develope further in photography skills ..hopefully

Memory type is fine with me as I do not have any preference.

The 2 above size is about right not too big and not too small. Can also mount additional lens which is a bonus. :)

A4 batts????

do you mean 'AA' batts?

The A70 costs around $520.. how much does the discontinued C3040 costs?

One big advantage of the C3040 is the F1.8-2.6 lens as compared to the A70 F2.8-4.8 lens. The brighter lens allows u to shoot better in low light conditions without use of flash. It also allows you to shoot with a narrower depth of field effect.

But the A70 is newer with, CF support (which is better and more future proof than SM), noise reduction on long exposures, better movie modes (for fun).. :)

If the C3040 costs considerably more than $600.. I'd think the A70 is a better choice. Both cameras has enough manual features to allow u to learn..

Just my opinion..

if the price is similar, Ill go for the 3040 cos of the faster lens (F1.8). In the SLR world you'll be paying a premium for such lenses....

Thanks for the feedback..

However I have heard that the Canon A70 suffers from image softness..Just want to know if this is true and how bad it is.

Thanks for taking the trouble of helping me out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.