A700, Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was what I have heard the trainer in the SOny Workshop told me.
CZ Lens is aimed to atract N Camp
G Lens is aimed to atract C Camp

My Own interpretation of the DT Lens.....
To attract the Pcamp ,and 3rd party lens owner the P&S shooters....:)

well, the G lens was from minolta's period, are very impressive, but i nv see much effect from c camp that time, mainly is due to the body. though the lenses now are great, i think it is equally important to take a look at body design. since after sony improved on the 5D and 7D's replacement, so far they keep a good job to make the lenses and body lineup impressive enough for others to consider
what keeps ppl away from the km that time can be some reasons, hot shoe design, slow af, but to me, i like it, coz i like the body design.

Last edited:
so just to clear one more point...

where does the A700 stand compared to D80/D90/D300 .?

..since these cams were not referred by anyone .. n yea btw liveview or video isnt important for me.

tnx

so just to clear one more point...

where does the A700 stand compared to D80/D90/D300 .?

..since these cams were not referred by anyone .. n yea btw liveview or video isnt important for me.

tnx

I mentioned it.

The D80/D90 are a whole class below the D300/A700/40D/50D.

A700 is kinda semi-pro similar to D300.
D300 has Nikon's Pro AF, Noise control is probably the best in it's class.

If you are starting into a DSLR, look at the entire offering not just Body.

The Inbody AS is one of the biggest advantge for Sony and Pentax.
I tried both A700 and Pentax K20, both are good and real value for money.

You get good old glass from Minolta / Pentax, on A700 / K20 it becomes fantastic VR / IS lens.
If you shoot lots of low light, this is real help.

And , in the end it's not the camera, but you will take the best pictures.
So spend more time in shooting, learning and improving :)

Last edited:
A700 is kinda semi-pro similar to D300.
D300 has Nikon's Pro AF, Noise control is probably the best in it's class.

If you are starting into a DSLR, look at the entire offering not just Body.

The Inbody AS is one of the biggest advantge for Sony and Pentax.
I tried both A700 and Pentax K20, both are good and real value for money.

You get good old glass from Minolta / Pentax, on A700 / K20 it becomes fantastic VR / IS lens.
If you shoot lots of low light, this is real help.

And , in the end it's not the camera, but you will take the best pictures.
So spend more time in shooting, learning and improving :)

The A700 noise is the same as the D300 now with the V4 firmware. Same sensor anyway. :)

I ask that question too... why not A900???:cool:

Hehe.. A900 will break my arm or somethin.. carrying it around..:what:

Thanks guys.. im convinced now :)

Oh yea im not starting DSLR, i used to have a 400D, but lost my cam :(,

Rashkae's note about the Noise improvement of the A700 helps, as i love my long exposure shots. :)

Last edited:
This was what I have heard the trainer in the SOny Workshop told me.
CZ Lens is aimed to atract N Camp
G Lens is aimed to atract C Camp

My Own interpretation of the DT Lens.....
To attract the Pcamp ,and 3rd party lens owner the P&S shooters....:)

DT is not bad (afterall it's a consumer grade cropped lens ) but generally comparing with P camp & 3rd party is no comparison :nono:

P camp has the largest range prime lenses (some with weather seal) at reasonable prices and longest legacy support :lovegrin: The only gripe is a slightly slower cam but more feature laden.

3rd party also produces outstanding lenses at reasonable prices, example Tam 17-50/2.8, 70-200/2.8, Sig 18-50/2.8, 70-200/2.8, etc.. :devil:

to be realistically speaking... does the CZ and G really makes a big different to the IQ? I borrowed a CZ once to take some pics it does look super sharp.. but i didnt take the opportunity to test it out to compare with the same setup and subjuct.. will the image look different from the DT lens before processing? anyone got a sample?

to be realistically speaking... does the CZ and G really makes a big different to the IQ? I borrowed a CZ once to take some pics it does look super sharp.. but i didnt take the opportunity to test it out to compare with the same setup and subjuct.. will the image look different from the DT lens before processing? anyone got a sample?

the colours direct out of cam will look different. CZ & G lens are worth the money for it's sharpness & colour output

Yes, a lot of visible difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.