A700 from China (not HK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmice

Aug 31, 2008
Hi
Does anyone have experience buying from China ?

Sony style in China has the A700 with 16-105 + extra battery/ Bag etc for about 1.9k SGD which seems much cheaper than in S'pore.

Any one has thoughts on buying from China instead ? Am very tempted to upgrade :lovegrin:

Thanks in advance.

i think it was around 1.4-1.5k sgd... if it was S$900... i'd get it w/o even considering further.

Got my A700 from China in Jul. Paid slightly less than 1.4k for the body but never convert the warrantry over.

Sony had a promotion here in Bangkok in Dec, price for body was also about S$1,400. Not sure if promo still on.

Body from china got no internation warranty. ....

you tried before? I been told body from China got no international warranty... From other country with receipt still can get warranty locally.

Thanks for all the replies :)

I didn't know China had 18 months warranty, if this is the case I may just stick with local warranty here since I am over in China 3-4 times a year.

If the body pricing is approx S$1400, does the 16-105 for S$500 make it an ok deal ? Its still $500 cheaper than in S'pore

Btw, the deal comes with extra battery, case, 4gb card, handstrap and monopod.

Thanks again for all the advise from everyone !

Be careful with counterfeit, there is alot of scamming going on in China and cheap camera bodies are being offered daily by traders on the Internet. Stick to reputable camera stores only is my advice.

@mmice,

I am not sure about the 18th month warranty in China. In Malaysia it is 18th warranty for those under Sony Malaysia. If we buy lens from HK or Taiwan, we need a TIW from the AD in those country. Sony Malaysia will then give us 1 year warranty only. I'm presuming it is the same everywhere but pls check b4 you pull the trigger.

Cheers!

Thanks Watchman and Pipo for the tips.

for warranty, i might just stick with the local warranty and bring it over since I am over in China few times a year.

Anyone have any idea on the pricing and if its actually a decent deal considering it is from Sonystyle not some dealer where it could be counterfeit ?

Btw, i have been told by someone in S'pore that they do not copy Sony DSLRs and lenses in China as there no not enough buyers to make it worth copying... not too sure how true this is :)

mmalice, where in china ? any sony shop???
maybe we should organise a trip :p

Last edited:
prices from sonystyle in shanghai, so definitely real. if Sony Style also sell imitation, i give up.

beware, not all the deals are good. some are same as in S'pore.

I saw a promo for 15000 RMB for package of CZ16-80, 70-200G and 50 F1.4... seems cheap too but way beyond what i can afford.:(

If there is international warranty, then I think still ok.

FYI, I got my A700 in Dec for about ~1200SGD from HK. Able to convert to 12 mths SGD Warranty. Extra batt cost $80, hard LCD protector 18.

prices from sonystyle in shanghai, so definitely real. if Sony Style also sell imitation, i give up.

beware, not all the deals are good. some are same as in S'pore.

I saw a promo for 15000 RMB for package of CZ16-80, 70-200G and 50 F1.4... seems cheap too but way beyond what i can afford.:(

Does the package work out to S$3000? If so it's very cheap! Cos the 70-200G in S'pore already costs S$2500...

Does the package work out to S$3000? If so it's very cheap! Cos the 70-200G in S'pore already costs S$2500...

70-200g costs more like $2700 in singapore... unless the price has dropped ..
where can get at $2500? =)

70-200g costs more like $2700 in singapore... unless the price has dropped ..
where can get at $2500? =)

The price on SONYSTYLE is $2599... but if you look around a bit I think it can be had for a little less than the RRP...

Bought my A700 in Shanghai before it was available in Singapore. Told the people at the shop that I was from Singapore and needed an international warranty, and they said 'no problem... all the documentation you need is in the box and you can convert in Singapore'. Well, when I brought the camera/docs into Sony Singapore, they said the warranty docs were not applicable (i.e., I had no warranty). Since then, I have had 2 major problems that required repairs: vertical lines in high ISO shots and an 'over-heating' problem. Sony Singapore was good enough to treat these as warranty repairs even though I didn't officially have a warranty (I think they charged back to Sony China), but I wouldn't risk doing this again. Buyer beware...

Status
Not open for further replies.