A6000

Sony hotshoe cover cost S$6.40 at Sony customer service center @ Wisma.

shifted to 313 liao
http://www.sony.com.sg/section/servicecentres

Sony Care

Sony Store, 313@somerset
313 Orchard Road #02-28 to 37, 313@somerset
Singapore 238895
Operating Hours: 10.00am to 10.00pm (Daily)

Oh wisma no more?? :( 313................ :( :(

Anyone here using the 18-105 already? Quite tempted to get one for my travels

BBBMTL

Remember go MS look for florence zeh zeh.

Anyone here using the 18-105 already? Quite tempted to get one for my travels

me me. works great with A6000. IMHO, Sony has been lacking a good zoom for the longest time until the 16-70 and the 18-105 came along.

for the 18-105,the zoom range is close to 6x, not too ideal if u are spot particular about image quality, expect to see distortion at the long end. the 18-105 is a good compromise given the lower price compared to the 16-70

my 50mm is more underused, due to the fact that the 50mm is a bit too long for me as I mostly take landscape shots.

in short BBBMTL

Last edited:
me me. works great with A6000. IMHO, Sony has been lacking a good zoom for the longest time until the 16-70 and the 18-105 came along. for the 18-105,the zoom range is close to 6x, not too ideal if u are spot particular about image quality, expect to see distortion at the long end. the 18-105 is a good compromise given the lower price compared to the 16-70 in short BBBMTL
Any high res samples?

Bought liao. Only one piece they brought in.

i'm actually curious about the difference between the 18105 and the popular 18200..Yes, the 18105 is constant f4.but it loses out quite a bit on the zoom..so for travels..maybe the 18200 is a better option overall..
Samples from the 18105 isn't that fantastic IMO..so..i don't see how it's that much better than the 18200..

i'm actually curious about the difference between the 18105 and the popular 18200..Yes, the 18105 is constant f4.but it loses out quite a bit on the zoom..so for travels..maybe the 18200 is a better option overall..
Samples from the 18105 isn't that fantastic IMO..so..i don't see how it's that much better than the 18200..

the sweet spot for zoom lenses is normally a zoom range of ~3x. beyond that, we will expect to see lots of distortion (pin cushion or vignetting). the 18-105 already have distortion at the long end, and needs to be corrected by software. I will expect the 18-200 to fare worse. At 200mm,the aperture is f/6.3. That is a bit too slow for my liking. once u tried constant aperture, u will really enjoy it.

Lol. I Gg Ms later to purchase the 50. Hope they can gimme a good price for the 18105 If purchased tog.

do u find the lens veri plasticky? i tried it in wisma but the built quality realli quite big diff from 1670 thus i end up with 1670

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is any WIRELESS shutter remote controller for SONY A6000 ? 3rd party also can. I don't want to buy one and find it is not compatible. I think SONY RMT-DSLR2 is NOT compatible with A6000.
If I set the settings on the camera to 11fps hi-speed continuous shooting, and I press and hold the wireless remote shutter button, I shld be able to get continuous shooting right ? This is what I need.
Thanks all !

do u find the lens veri plasticky? i tried it in wisma but the built quality realli quite big diff from 1670 thus i end up with 1670

Hmm I find the built similar to the 10-18 which is light and works for me. Though the 1670 has Zeiss optics and better build quality, I find the price too high. Anyway will post some OOC sample pics from 18105 later in the a6000 image thread.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is any WIRELESS shutter remote controller for SONY A6000 ? 3rd party also can. I don't want to buy one and find it is not compatible. I think SONY RMT-DSLR2 is NOT compatible with A6000.
If I set the settings on the camera to 11fps hi-speed continuous shooting, and I press and hold the wireless remote shutter button, I shld be able to get continuous shooting right ? This is what I need.
Thanks all !

sony.com.sg/product/rmt-dslr2

Under compatibility tab is says it is compatible with A6000.

Actually the playMemories app for Android and iOS allows u to control the shutter wirelessly. One problem with wireless shutters is that, if u use it in places where there are alot of other people also using wireless shutters cameras that are the same brand as yours, there might be misfires. i.e other people press remote, ur camera also shoots. Wired remote controls might be the way to go in these situations

Last edited: