A6000

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
No one talk about it? Fastest AF, hmm... Hopes next A-mount also got such fast AF. Still hoping for a clean high ISO (12800?) on future Sony new camera. :)

According to thephoblographer, the AF speed is only slightly faster than the NEX6..it's not blazing fast..i have a feeling it's still slower than the EM1
The NEX6 is already pretty fast as it is..it has only 111 phase detect points vs the a600 170+...

I believe the nex6 2nd hand price will drop quite a fair bit after this and it will still be a fantastic cheap 2nd camera to own..i do love my nex6..it is way faster than my a7r for times when i need it

... but i don't like the number 6000 lah.. sounds so like ENTRY LEVEL.

... but i don't like the number 6000 lah.. sounds so like ENTRY LEVEL.

Like that also can? :p

179 phrase detection, good for sport. But with big lens (300 F2.8), can be grip with ease? :think:

How is this is relation to the prev mentioned A5000 or is this it?

Like that also can? :p

179 phrase detection, good for sport. But with big lens (300 F2.8), can be grip with ease? :think:

Those got big muscular arms can handhold, for the rest not practical. Tripod mount via lens tripod collar.

Those got big muscular arms can handhold, for the rest not practical. Tripod mount via lens tripod collar.

My hand are big and I don't like to grip a NEX body. Even A7/A7r grip still don't suits me well. For me, it's no grip or big grip, haha!

Find it weird of how the EVF sticks abit out from the body. :)

Find it weird of how the EVF sticks abit out from the body. :)

Hmm but thats the same design as the Nex 6 and/or 7 right? It's a little odd but people are prob used to it by now.

So is there going to be A5000 and A6000 launch?

Both cameras have already been officially announced. As for the launches, itll be up to sony sg.

I think the A5000 will reach Singapore earlier since it was officially announced earlier than the A6000.

A6000 like a bit boh seh leh..

But I like it :bsmilie: ....hark back to the days of Minolta, how many of you ever held a Minolta A9000 or ...A7000 or even ...A5000 ???

.....these were the 3 great grandfathers of your modern AF DSLR, back at a time when SLRs with autofocus were considered gimmicky by the canikon *pros*
So the naming convention's quite apt for Sony's new era of AF cameras.

You're using Canon's naming yardstick to measure Sony's

Last edited: