A57 is looking good...

Not yet... Email was sent out to MySony members letting them know it will be out this week

Great, looking fotward to this!

Hello everybody :)

I am new to Clubsnap, first of all , please pardon me of my poor english. I am here to share and learn with your guys.

I have just brought a new Sony SLT-A57, this is my second SLT, my first was a A33. Compare the pictures side by side taken by both camera, what I see is that there is a significant differences between the two, the one by A33 seems kinda ‘ wash out’ , whereas the image quality by A57 looks more colourful and punchy.

The EVF, of cause I love the OLED EVF found in the A77 and A65, but I am happy to see that Sony has made improvements to the LCD base A57 viewfinder, the pixel has been increased to 1.44 million dots, up from 0.92. (If I am correct) Not to bad at all and I can live without an OLED one. But the body weight is heavier than the A33.

I am happy with my new camera.

A33

A57

Is the a57 available in Singapore?

Oops...having some problem inserting image

Anyway stocks not in yet

mahojazz said:
Anyway stocks not in yet

In already, arrive in courts yest, Cathay received it too.. Ms and Alan not yet..

Aiyo, i went to wisma sony, was told stock not in.

mahojazz said:
Aiyo, i went to wisma sony, was told stock not in.

Try courts and Cathay. I just bought a57 at causeway point courts, they giving me a f.18 lens

Congrats on your purchase... enjoy your journey

Geraldineang said:

Hope to see some shots from your a57. Is the lcd evf good? I was at causeway pt courts, too bad they only have one set left and no demo. Thus i couldn't test out the evf.

mahojazz said:
Hope to see some shots from your a57. Is the lcd evf good? I was at causeway pt courts, too bad they only have one set left and no demo. Thus i couldn't test out the evf.

Its much better than the a55 one, but not as good as the oled screen in the a65 and a77

Rashkae said:
Its much better than the a55 one, but not as good as the oled screen in the a65 and a77

Thanks. I will go take a look. I am very comfortable with a65 evf.

I have not found any shop selling body only, does anyone know ? Everyone i asked selling with kit lens. Wonder why Sony launched this way.

I have not found any shop selling body only, does anyone know ? Everyone i asked selling with kit lens. Wonder why Sony launched this way.

because it's a camera for beginners. if you're upgrading from the A3x or A5x series, you should be looking at the A65 or A77.

Because it's an entry-level camera.