A55 with YN-462

rihocbb

Nov 28, 2009
Hi, I'm looking to purchase an external flash for my A55 and am considering YongNuo 462 as it is quite cheap. Any idea if they are compatible or is there any known problems with them being used together? I've read somewhere about the TTL being a problem but that was only 1 thread and I couldn't find any other info about this. Thanks for the help!

Actually, i would advise that you save up and buy at least an F43am instead. I spent my savings on F43am and i have no regrets. It's AWESOME! :)

And of cos, starting to feel that F43am is not powerful enough! =X...

go for F58 !

Care to share where and what type of shots you would like to take with the flash? Makes a difference to the flash that you'd go for.

Hi, I'm looking to purchase an external flash for my A55 and am considering YongNuo 462 as it is quite cheap. Any idea if they are compatible or is there any known problems with them being used together? I've read somewhere about the TTL being a problem but that was only 1 thread and I couldn't find any other info about this. Thanks for the help!

I'll recommend a F58AM..

YN-462 is a manual flash so it might be difficult to keep adjusting impromptu shots.
Maybe get a Nissin 866mk2 for Sony

non sony flash has the dark EVF/LCD problem with A33 and A55. I was at an outing and saw one bro whose A33 LCD is very dark when he is shooting at a smaller aperture using a non sony flash, apparently its due to the camera trying to give a "real" view of how dark the picture is. However when used with a sony flash like FM58, the A33/55 will auto adjust the EVF/LCD avoid the problem. (i think its an evil trick by Sony, to force ppl to buy their product LOL)

So for DSLT users, it might be better to buy a sony flash to avoid this issue. DSLR users wont have this problem of cos.

Last edited:
But a33/55 will have shutter lag when using original flash isnt it?

I actually was quite pissed that my a33 always have a almost 0.5s delay after shutter release was triggered with f58.

So much so that i was always getting photos of my son's eyes closed for most of them (as the flash light causes him to blink and the delayed shutter just caught up with it)!!!

I hope a77 solved this issue. If not i have to keep a separate system for flash purpose. :(

Last edited:
But a33/55 will have shutter lag when using original flash isnt it?

I actually was quite pissed that my a33 always have a almost 0.5s delay after shutter release was triggered with f58.

So much so that i was always getting photos of my son's eyes closed for most of them (as the flash light causes him to blink and the delayed shutter just caught up with it)!!!

I hope a77 solved this issue. If not i have to keep a separate system for flash purpose. :(

Has anyone else faced this problem b4?