a100's replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr34mc4st3r

May 2, 2003
Singapore
www.konvergestudio.com
im like beginning to be an equipment whore...keep posting threads on new/rumoured stuff haha

anyway...
2123485858c705e040e7xr9.jpg

looks a more contoured version of a100 on first glance! ;p

looks nicer..but concerns will be...AF SPEED AND ISO ....:think:

I have found another rumour talking about a new Sony DSLR over here http://aving.net/kr/news/default.asp?mode=read&c_num=47142&C_Code=01&SP_Num=0

20070517154917640.jpg

It has a secondary info screen as Nikon D80.. but dunno what is the pyramid-shaped on top of the Sony logo... so ODD!

This one looks like the Pro full frame model with a battery grip.

The odd looling pyramid-shaped thing is the pentaprism.

Concerns for a Sony DSLR system will remain to be availability and prices of new Sony lenses.

Resale of 2nd hand cameras later is also much less easy than the Canons and Nikons.

im like beginning to be an equipment whore...keep posting threads on new/rumoured stuff haha

anyway...
2123485858c705e040e7xr9.jpg

looks a more contoured version of a100 on first glance! ;p

Someone mentioned that the 10.2 looked photoshopped onto the body... quite an odd place to place the MP of your sensor...

I have found another rumour talking about a new Sony DSLR over here http://aving.net/kr/news/default.asp?mode=read&c_num=47142&C_Code=01&SP_Num=0

20070517154917640.jpg

It has a secondary info screen as Nikon D80.. but dunno what is the pyramid-shaped on top of the Sony logo... so ODD!
is this for real? the secondary LCD looks darn tiny.. :sweat: like only 1/2 the size of d80, doubt it can even display most of the info there. :sweat:

Hi Guys,

I am so impressed with the comments and review of the A700, finally decided to jump ship from Nikon.
Planning to go A700 hunting but before I started to burn a hole in my pocket, someone told me that the A700 is made/assembled in Malaysia ! I nearly fainted....seems that if it is true, Sony is following the footsteps of Nikon....Made in Thailand.

Can any Gurus here confirm this ?

Hi There,

I think in the manufacturing world these days, assembled in where, made in where may not be that important. I guess even the device makes stick a "Made in Japan" label for example, there may be chances that most of the sub components within which arrives at the factory or plant in pre-assembled subassemblies that may come from bedok, jurong, taiwan or even china - it can even be made anywhere.

As long as the manufacuring sites are govern by the same quality standards from the homebase, I guess thats the only thing we can rely on - with the given warranty period as the backup if anything fails.

To answer your questions, yes the A700 and the grip have Made in Japan labels on them ...for now. Maybe once the product is stabilised and ramping up of quantity is neccessary, to be cost effective well maybe they'll move to somewhere cheaper :dunno:.

I dont see anything wrong with products made outside japan...such as malaysia, thailand, china, Indonesia etc... Most importantly is the product must have a good warranty offering.
As for the A700, sony offers a warranty period extension if you activiate your warranty online.

crazyviper, A700 is Made In Japan not Malaysia.;);)
No worry..........Sony want to take good care of its' good name/ brand- SONY.;p;p

is this for real? the secondary LCD looks darn tiny.. :sweat: like only 1/2 the size of d80, doubt it can even display most of the info there. :sweat:

It may not even be an LCD panel...

Status
Not open for further replies.