A1@Wedding....my first field run

Status
Not open for further replies.

acidbyte

First of all..Merry Christmas to all CLUBSNAPers...after changing from a Sony 707 to a Minolta A1(and borrowing my friend's 3600HS(D)), tonight i am asked to do a wedding photo shoot at Regent. Not my first wedding shoot but just wondering any tips to share from CLUBSNAPers before i embark on my first A1 field run. The ballroom is not brightly lit and the ceiling is high... :eek:

better buy external flash and spare battery.

my 717 was very slow when it was charging up the flash. I missed a lot of sweet moments when the the flash just won't flash after it fired 2-3 seconds ago.

You should be all right with the 3600HS since you can change ISO at will. However choose an ISO to lit up the background and let the 3600 do the foreground. Since you did wedding stuff before, don't think there there is much difference in the way you take pictures between your old cam and the new one.

More over remember to have fun will shooting!!

I'm back from it..and yes, i had fun shooting it. Even surprised the couple with the photos immediately screening during their dinner with the photos uploaded into my iBOOK. The crowd was fascinated. Anyway the wedding shots can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.