A wedding in B&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphoria2004

Mar 10, 2004
Just covered a wedding on mid autumn festival. A friendly couple, very nice people. Some pixs to share....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Luv to see the color version. ;) Maybe i'm the color sort of person. Pretty interesting to me.

nice b&w! removes the distraction of colors and focuses on the emotions only.... really nice stuff! :)

nice series!i like the fact that you made it into a 16:9 perspective...makes it very cinematic,and gives the pic a very tight crop as well...correct me if i am wrong,but it's a 16:9 perspective with the 2 black borders that you have placed rite?

nonchann said:
nice series!i like the fact that you made it into a 16:9 perspective...makes it very cinematic,and gives the pic a very tight crop as well...correct me if i am wrong,but it's a 16:9 perspective with the 2 black borders that you have placed rite?

Thank you all for ur kind comment.

Yes, i was aiming for bare essential look, not too fancy, just plainly on capturing emotions, that why i took out all the colours.

as for the cinematic look, was just trying out a panoramic layout.

Nice work!

Love your B&W. Shot on digital?

The last shot is simply fabulous.

:thumbsup:

davsmiths said:
Nice work!

Love your B&W. Shot on digital?

The last shot is simply fabulous.

:thumbsup:

yes digital, but converted to BNW in PS.

Thanks for ur compliment

seng44 said:
Luv to see the color version. ;) Maybe i'm the color sort of person. Pretty interesting to me.

did 2 colour version for the cover page.

s8r_1.jpg

s8r_2.jpg

phenomenal shots. totally smitten by the last bw shot. . and nice covers! good stuff

very nice euphoria!
well done! I love the b/w version better! :)

I got a question for you. When you're shooting, are you shooting in M mode so that u have a fix combi of aperture and shutter everytime?

If not, don't you have to painstakingly convert each and every photo into b/w and adjust their colour channels/curve/contrast individually?

ordinaryless said:
very nice euphoria!
well done! I love the b/w version better! :)

I got a question for you. When you're shooting, are you shooting in M mode so that u have a fix combi of aperture and shutter everytime?

If not, don't you have to painstakingly convert each and every photo into b/w and adjust their colour channels/curve/contrast individually?

thks for ur compliment.

yes, most of the time in M mode. for the B&W, i need to convert the picture individually. it's rather time consuming in a way, but u can control better.

Status
Not open for further replies.