A very detail review on the FZ30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok we got the msg..it suck
btw bro did u bought yr 10d or 20d or 5d yet?

hmm... not that i wanna defend panasonic, but i must say this review is abit... wierd.

Firstly, i have serious doubts that the lcd is 1.8". And the resolution is definitely not 113k. So is the EVF. Are they reviewing a pre-released model?

Secondly, one of the complains was that it had slow operation. This seems to conflict with reviews like dpreview and dcresource... i wonder how they measured a 1.8s startup time when what i tested was a sub 1s. :dunno:

Thirdly, the resolution test (looks like they used the same chart as dpreview). The resolution measured is quite a diff from dpreview's. Its much lower. :bigeyes:

eow said:

Why so scarcastic. I'm only showing you a link to a website which do a very in depth review of the FZ30. Most of you have seen reviews from dpreviews or stevedigicams, buti thought this one is different.

Anyway, i am thinking of selling my FZ20 and getting the FZ30. I would love an slr but no money for that yet.

Yeah, not nice to say it sucks. Even though I yet to get one (almost there), I've seen to many pics of it in action to say that.

Look at this one for example with a canon 250D macro lens by one owner:
51084591.P1010740_filtered.jpg

Or this Bird in flight photo captured using RDS (Red dot sight) attached to the hotshoe by another owner:
40857349-M.jpg

Or this photo from yet another owner :
51084587.P1010513_filtered.jpg

Anyway, I've seen enough to say it doesn't SUCK.

setiardi said:
Yeah, not nice to say it sucks. Even though I yet to get one (almost there), I've seen to many pics of it in action to say that.
Anyway, I've seen enough to say it doesn't SUCK.
pls click me

eow, what's with the link? Look's like a couple kids arguing, ego bashing? I believe most Panasonic DC owners don't earn a living from photography.So why so angry on the technical mumbo-jumbo.

Dunno if I put 2 pics side by side, but didn't tell what camera make it is or any technical data, will those "experts" can say which belongs to FZ30?

I don't understand why many ppl flame here & there. Get so worked and all. So many ppl comment on the FZ30 but see only 2 ppl so far owning it. I WILL be the 3rd one for sure.

Anyway, super off topic. Sorry.

But the review, from what I've read will render it useless since technical specs were wrong - how to trust the review? Even if the review is good or bad. To me (my very personal opinion) , those pics I posted are the real reviews. Anyway I don't print bigger than 4R or only store to my DVD as photo album which I watch with my family on TV.

Exactly, though my initial reply to this thread may seem crude and sarcastic
judging from the prev link/thread
my intention is to make the thread starter happy and made this thread as short as possible
why disagree with someone when u can made a person happy by agreeing with him..:devil:
setiardi said:
eow, what's with the link? Look's like a couple kids arguing, ego bashing? I believe most Panasonic DC owners don't earn a living from photography.So why so angry on the technical mumbo-jumbo.

Dunno if I put 2 pics side by side, but didn't tell what camera make it is or any technical data, will those "experts" can say which belongs to FZ30?

I don't understand why many ppl flame here & there. Get so worked and all. So many ppl comment on the FZ30 but see only 2 ppl so far owning it. I WILL be the 3rd one for sure.

But the review, from what I've read will render it useless since technical specs were wrong - how to trust the review? Even if the review is good or bad. To me (my very personal opinion) , those pics I posted are the real reviews. Anyway I don't print bigger than 4R or only store to my DVD as photo album which I watch with my family on TV.

setiardi said:

I agreed with you, so far i am using the FZ30 and very satisfy with the performance . i bought this camera becos I know that i did not use it for professional purpose .

eow said:
Exactly, though my initial reply to this thread may seem crude and sarcastic
judging from the prev link/thread
my intention is to make the thread starter happy and made this thread as short as possible
why disagree with someone when u can made a person happy by agreeing with him..:devil:

"To make the tread starter happy" Is that why you post such a sarcastic comment? Did I do anything wrong by posting a link to a review? Don't you wanna know more? Isn't a forum for sharing?

If you only wanna read good comments only and avoid bad comments, then why even read reviews! Beware forum members..you all can post links to good reviews only and never post link to bad reviews or you will branded badguys!

I was only kind to provide a link which i thought might be useful info. If you think its useless, then just ignore it! Why leave sarcastic comments so that you would be happy!!!

lightning69 said:
"To make the tread starter happy" Is that why you post such a sarcastic comment? Did I do anything wrong by posting a link to a review? Don't you wanna know more? Isn't a forum for sharing?

If you only wanna read good comments only and avoid bad comments, then why even read reviews! Beware forum members..you all can post links to good reviews only and never post link to bad reviews or you will branded badguys!

I was only kind to provide a link which i thought might be useful info. If you think its useless, then just ignore it! Why leave sarcastic comments so that you would be happy!!!
yo bro cool down ..u overreact liao
ok point taken since i thought ur initial intention is to slam the fz30 ...again judging from yr previous posting

setiardi said:

Hi bro, im very keen on getting the FZ30 as well.. Would just like to ask u if u have any idea wats the cheapest price u can find on the market? Cos i've found places selling it at $980..

I think the offer at BargainCity is quite decent with the freebies. So what u can get for $980? Care to share?

It was in one of the shops on the 1st floor of Sim Lim Sq.. but its just the standard package.. I'll check out bargaincity first.. Didnt know of that site.. =p quite new to all these..

Think i might go for the $980 standard pack.. Since i have the 1g SD vard and tripod.. Only thing i wonder is how much the extra battery pack and case costs..

wah $980! So cheap liao.... hehe.

Actually one thing lacking in FZ30 is wide angle.... making it not ideal for travel photos. Any idea how much does wide angle converters cost? (eg. panasonics's own DMW-LW22 or olympus wcon07)

anyone got night shots photo to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.