A street car named Desire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her name's Desire-e... I merely took the "e" out and well... I like the book... doesn't matter if you guys don't get it. Neither am I apologising for it. By the way, can we comment on pictures instead of trying to start a court session in here about righteousness?

micro, you should relax a little.
i was just curious why street car that's all.
no other intended meaning nor did i say i find it offensive.
cheers

Yes, generally I like colorful pics - those that can wake people up at first sight. No lah, air level means the skill is in the air (hard to attain), and would take me quite long to achieve. ^^ hehe

You are too humble my friend. At the rate you are shooting, you can attain more than air level in 3-5 years' time. I have seen many shooters in the last 5-7 years from bring a novice turn to an expert. (Some are masters in their own right!) Just keep shooting and work on PS skills bro, if you really are intent on turning professional. You can do it. But portraiture encompass more than just outdoors. You still have studio to master... Look at some of jeanie's threads. She started with some disaster shots and her latest are turning heads. This is what happen when you practise hard enough.

In blues' musician lingo, we call this "paying the dues"... you will make it lah... and it is good that from the start, you are developing a style of shooting.

Keep shooting and work on those skills! Make the camera work hard for you! Jia You! :thumbsup:

You are too humble my friend. At the rate you are shooting, you can attain more than air level in 3-5 years' time. I have seen many shooters in the last 5-7 years from bring a novice turn to an expert. (Some are masters in their own right!) Just keep shooting and work on PS skills bro, if you really are intent on turning professional. You can do it. But portraiture encompass more than just outdoors. You still have studio to master... Look at some of jeanie's threads. She started with some disaster shots and her latest are turning heads. This is what happen when you practise hard enough.

In blues' musician lingo, we call this "paying the dues"... you will make it lah... and it is good that from the start, you are developing a style of shooting.

Keep shooting and work on those skills! Make the camera work hard for you! Jia You! :thumbsup:

Wooh, thanks! Your kind and encouraging words are engraved in my mind. ^_^

Wooh, thanks! Your kind and encouraging words are engraved in my mind. ^_^

You are welcome. OK, let's get back to the comments on the pictures... this is OT too liao...

For long haired models, always take care of strays, which could cause distractions to the entire photo.

Forgot to comment back on this one. Actually, I prefer messy hair, BUT it is depending on the subject, sometimes a little unruly hair adds to the imagination of the mind. They used to say that the photograph doesn't lie... honestly, I don't think so anymore... You can use photographic skills to distort the truth. Desiree is a decent girl, but with the right angle, light and post work, you can make someone nice turn into a "naughty hot babe". There are some really naughty poses which I did not post.

lov e skin tone!!!!!nice series

what does the model think of it being called a "street car" sounds derrogative to me....

mayb she consumed petrol or she is heavy maintainence? :bsmilie:

microcosm,

composition wise....
mebbe i'm weird but i feel there's too much eye contact in the whole series (!). wouldn't mind some variation in pose, esp for the head and face, as well as expression for some of the shots. IMHO the model doesn't need to look straight at the camera for every shot.

other technical aspects of the photo are good (exposure, focus etc etc).

:)

z.

lov e skin tone!!!!!nice series

thanks.

mayb she consumed petrol or she is heavy maintainence?

That I wouldn't know. She is definitely not parked in my garage. :bsmilie:

microcosm,

composition wise....
mebbe i'm weird but i feel there's too much eye contact in the whole series (!). wouldn't mind some variation in pose, esp for the head and face, as well as expression for some of the shots. IMHO the model doesn't need to look straight at the camera for every shot.

other technical aspects of the photo are good (exposure, focus etc etc).

:)

z.

Spot on! Thanks bro.

Lovely Bro! good work......
while you have reached another level.,,i'm slipping :cry: ...............:sweat:

Lovely Bro! good work......
while you have reached another level.,,i'm slipping :cry: ...............:sweat:

Aiyoh... don't say that leh... your landscape and architectural stuff blew me out of my socks bro... you slipped in one area while excelled in another... natural what... you had no "shooting stock" over there to constantly practise mah...

Nice model. Well captured.

hot hot hot!

Her name's Desire-e... I merely took the "e" out and well... I like the book... doesn't matter if you guys don't get it. Neither am I apologising for it. By the way, can we keep the comments on pictures instead of trying to start a court session in here about righteousness? Many thanks in advance.

Tai Lo,

Looks better than on your E-1 screen!

Good shots, I think you captured her well. Especially full body shots, can really feel her charms. For the headshot, I feel if can preserve more skin texture will be better...:)

Good shots, I think you captured her well. Especially full body shots, can really feel her charms. For the headshot, I feel if can preserve more skin texture will be better...:)

Thanks. I would have preferred to preserve more skin texture but alas, her skin was not in the best condition that day.... plus she was not well rested from the night before...

Upz for the Model ! :)

Eh... not giving face to the poor chap holding the tablet pen the whole night ah?? :embrass:

Hi, Pic 4 gets my vote! Nice capture of that expression and playfulness that you managed to coax out of her.

Pic 3, for some reason makes her legs look a little compressed than they are. Did you have other shots of her where you shot from ground level?

Status
Not open for further replies.