A Riddle For You - Post answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Quacks
isn't friday the name of his horse?

and yes the splitting of sock from the pair is the answer.. :D

:thumbsup:

Fishing Riddle
On a sunny day, two fathers and two sons went fishing. Each one of them caught one fish. When they went home, there were only three fishes, why?

my last addition... (actually got few more but scared pple bored)

question...

why are manhole covers made round - circular not square???? :D

edit...

why are manholes and their covers made round - circular not square???? :D

Originally posted by amethyst
:thumbsup:

Fishing Riddle
On a sunny day, two fathers and two sons went fishing. Each one of them caught one fish. When they went home, there were only three fishes, why?

cuz only got grandfather (father of father), father (son of grandfather) and son !!! :D yeah!

Originally posted by Quacks
my last addition... (actually got few more but scared pple bored)

question...

why are manhole covers made round - circular not square???? :D
Round covers are used when the hole they are covering up is also round?

nope... ok.. let me rephrase...

why are manholes and its cover designed to be round not square?

u will fall into de hole if u tilt the square cover diagonally! haha :D

Einstein wrote the following riddle. He said that 98% of the world could not solve it. But several NIEHS scientists were able to solve it, and they said its not all that hard if you pay attention and are very patient. Give it a try:

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors in a row. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage. Other facts:
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
5. The green house`s owner drinks coffee.
6. The owner who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The owner living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The owner who keeps the horse lives next to the one who smokes Dunhill.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The owner who smokes Blends lives next to the one who drinks water.

The question is : WHO OWNS THE FISH?

Originally posted by Knighthunter
Category: Things

Everytime this things is cut it become higher...the more the cuts the higher it become.

should this be a diamond's cut?

This is my all time favourite puzzle; i still remember it after a few years, though i cannot remember where i first read it.

Three men were sentence to death. The king, however, decided to give them a chance. They were told that on their foreheads would be painted a spot of paint, which would be either blue or yellow. They will be able to see the paint on the other two, but not on themselves. The first person to determine the colour of the paint on his own forehead AND give a satisfactory answer would go free.

The king put a spot of yellow paint on all three foreheads. After a while, one of them confidently said his paint was yellow, and explained why. He was set free.

What was his explanation?

(Note: this is a logic question, not a 'trick' one)

Edit: sorry, left out one part: the king told them there was at least one yellow dot among the three of them.

Originally posted by Knighthunter
Category: Things

Everytime this things is cut it become higher...the more the cuts the higher it become.
rough guess.. shortcut?

He saw all others were yellow and so if his spot is blue..he will die anyway. So might as well take the chance and say its yellow.

Originally posted by NiVleK
He saw all others were yellow and so if his spot is blue..he will die anyway. So might as well take the chance and say its yellow.

If this was the correct answer, this wouldn't be my all-time favourite puzzle... the answer is complete and quite elegant.

Originally posted by ST1100
If this was the correct answer, this wouldn't be my all-time favourite puzzle... the answer is complete and quite elegant.

Hmm...ok. Are they allowed to converse with one another?

Logic questions are cool. :D

the man think if he had a red dot on his head, one of the other men would quickly figure out that he himself had a yellow dot, because he noes at least two people have yellow dots or all have yellow dots. since no response form everyone, he noe that his dot must be yellow.

Originally posted by NiVleK
Hmm...ok. Are they allowed to converse with one another?

Logic questions are cool. :D

No conversation. BTW, i edited the question. Please reread.

Status
Not open for further replies.