A Qn on LCD Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
Interesting reading the comments thus far. Due to budget constraints, it appears that I'll get better quality if I buy a CRT monitor. Any recommendations from you guys?
I've just gotten a DSLR and am trying to do some post processing. It does occur to me that the monitor may not be show what will be printed.
Currently, I'm using an IBM notebook model R30. But am looking for a decent monitor for home PC.
Would appreciate any recommedations. Thanks....Raymond

A LCD also might not show what will be printed. :)

Lots of valuable inputs here. I'm looking at the Samsung 710, can someone tell me the difference between the 710N and the 710T?

Thanks.

ckiang said:
The T is supposed to be a higher end one. I have not compared them in detail though.

Regards
CK

I was told that the N version has only analog input, whilst the T version has both analog and a DVI input. Is that right? Unfortunately I was not allowed to look at the rear of both the monitors to verify this personally, had to take the sales person word.

erwinx said:
I haven't met an Eizo dealer that was willing to give an out of box zero dead pixel warranty (i.e., if you open the box and find 2 dead and bright pixels, you have to take it).

The sharp dealer in Funan on the other hand, is willing to guarantee zero bright dot out of the box and tested in the shop.

The sharp 19" LCD (24 bit panel) is now $1,050 (dropped by $500 over the past 6 months).

which sharp LCD is that? What is the native res?

I am using the Samsung 172T with an MSI graphic card (with digital output). For calibration, I use Adobe Gamma. LCD display and printout looks okay to me.

oeyvind said:
Any idea on the price of their LL-T1820 18.1" LCD Monitor?

not brought in any more. according to the salesperson, they're stopping production on it. The T1820 is made in Japan but the other models are not.

erwinx said:
not brought in any more. according to the salesperson, they're stopping production on it. The T1820 is made in Japan but the other models are not.

sigh... looks like most LCD are 18 bit panel. Now think about it, Apple Cinema Display is really good.

oeyvind said:
sigh... looks like most LCD are 18 bit panel. Now think about it, Apple Cinema Display is really good.
The older acrylic ones are apparently better. The newer Aluminum 23" has a lot of problems reported on Apple's forum. Made the news here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=19727

:(

Anyway, those who want the same monitor but don't wanna pay the price, this is probably the one:

HP f2304

Regards
CK

Industry reports suggest that LG, which supplies Apple with LCD panels, may be the manufacturer in question.

Hmm. I thought Samsung was the exclusive partner for supplying Apple with their Grade A panels?

And the HP model looks rather good. Just a thought, is it available in Singapore?

Any idea, how much is that HP LCD cost in SGD? Got 20" and 30" version as well?

Anyone know if Formac LCD is available locally?

oeyvind said:
Any idea, how much is that HP LCD cost in SGD? Got 20" and 30" version as well?

Anyone know if Formac LCD is available locally?
Not listed on HP's Singapore website, so probably not available here yet. There's a 30" Viewsonic LCD Monitor + TV for like $2999 tho. But the resolution is only 1280 x 768.

Regards
CK

nicholaslee said:
i'm using the 710N... find it okay.. didn't have enough money for the T version juz for the dvi :)

So is it confirmed that the diff between the N and the T version is the availibility of DVI on the latter?

Status
Not open for further replies.