A Point And Shoot Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belano

Jul 13, 2005
Hello all experts out there. I haven't been updating myself with the latest cameras for a long time.

I am helping my relatives to look for a PnS camera, as they need it for holiday trip at HK/Macau. Hope you guys can give some good suggestions

Requirements:
- Compact PnS
- Min. 5 megapixels
- Decent image quality (Not much of noise issue?)
- Image stabliser or anti-shake technology
- LCD at least 2.5"
- Budget $350 - $450 (i know, quite a tight budget)
- Memory card preferably SD card

Oh btw, is it advisable to buy camera from parisilk from Holland V?
Your help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

wow fast reply!

Ok i check up the specs TZ3 already, 10x zoom seems to be very tempting.

Do you have any idea of the noise control at higher ISO (maybe 400 or 800?)

And how much is it ?

Make sure the P&S cam's LCD screen preview the actual exposure(simulated) when u are using manual override(setting like ISO etc).

I recommend the Casio EX-S series.3x zoom though but its slim and the manual override function is good.U can select preset programmed mode(i.e Flower,Portrait,B&W,Sunset etc) and whats more it also offer explainations of the mode.

Get the extended warrenty as well.1 yr is too short.

Make sure the P&S cam's LCD screen preview the actual exposure(simulated) when u are using manual override(setting like ISO etc).

I recommend the Casio EX-S series.3x zoom though but its slim and the manual override function is good.U can select preset programmed mode(i.e Flower,Portrait,B&W,Sunset etc) and whats more it also offer explainations of the mode.

Get the extended warrenty as well.1 yr is too short.

Thanks for the advice! If you never mentioned, i would have overlooked this issue. Point noted!

As for the preset programmed mode.. hmmm i doubt my uncle and aunt will ever touch on that. So not really necessary.

What about the price?

Thanks for the advice! If you never mentioned, i would have overlooked this issue. Point noted!

As for the preset programmed mode.. hmmm i doubt my uncle and aunt will ever touch on that. So not really necessary.

What about the price?

Im not sure if the S600 is still sold now but the newest model for the S series is S880.Price is ard 600-700 i est.

Wah i think the price abit too much for my uncle and aunt. They will probably be shock if they hear the price.

I came across this A.I technology, not really sure what it is. Does all new PnS camera has this mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.