A new world to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnikond70

Jul 20, 2004
Hi to everyone! I am a proud new user of a Nikon camera. My first SRL and my first digital too.
I am just discovering exciting new things about my camera and about the digital world. I find them really really enjoyable.

One of the (tons of) new things I'm discovering is the custom curves for the digital cameras that can help me to get a better photo (talking about colors, contrast, etc.) doing a Google search I found at least 5 websites that offer this custom curves for free. Have tried them for some weeks and found that the curve made by guy named Alfredo is the best! I am mainly taking snapshots and my pics come out perfect for printing.

http://www.geocities.com/alfredoscurve

Also have found that the reviews of Mr. Ken Rockwell are full of fun and find them accurate.

http://www.kenrockwell.com

And also have found that www.nikonians.org is also a great resource for all of us.

Probably all of you know about these two guys but I wanted to share my experiences anyway.

Cheers!!!! :)

Welcome to a new Pandora's Box you have opened for yourself. ;p

Have fun! :)

Yea! Welcome to DSLR PGraphy. :)

Hey guys, how do I acheive the setting below taken from Joshua's site? I can't figure it out in the menu.

Matrix 90% and Spotmeter 10%

bernards said:
Hey guys, how do I acheive the setting below taken from Joshua's site? I can't figure it out in the menu.

Matrix 90% and Spotmeter 10%

Hmmm, not sure that even makes sense as you can't use matrix and spot at the same time. The only thing I can think of is maybe he meant he uses matrix metering 90% of the time and spot metering 10% of the time.

Ah ok. For 30 mins I was trying to figure out how to achieve such an abstract setting.

Yes, it must be 90% of the time with Matrix and 10% of the time with spot.

Cheers! :)

donnikond70, welcome to the ClubSNAP Nikon forum!

Feel free to share your experiences with fellow Nikon users here, I am sure you will enjoy it. Happy shooting! :)

Thanks to you all! I have taken 550 pics and keep on going!
Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.