A-mount Tamron Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenieadi

Mar 12, 2006
Jurong West
I'm looking for these lenses, Tamron 17-50mm, 18-250mm and 200-500mm and so far have not been successful. CP and OP have no stock. CP require full payment before they order and that the lenses will come in 2-3 months time.

Having a KM 5D and a-mount lenses, and possibly a A100 as a 2nd body, I really like the in-body IS to warrant a jump over to other brand.

I would like to know if anyone here have such difficulty getting 3rd party lenses for the a-mount recently.

As much as wanting to continue with KM/Sony system, this issue is really annoying me. I see overseas site like adoramma and bhpoto carrying them.

How come local shops like CP not stocking them enough for us a-mount users? Anyway yet to call TK photo, AP, John 3:16 and MScolor.

Anyway thanks in advance.

This might be a temporary shortfall in stock and a good sign, if it means that there are now more A-mount users who are buying up all the available stock.

If this trend continues, than it might encourage shops to bring in more lenses to cater to the expanding A-mount users base, and will give 3rd party vendors more reason to design more lenses for A-mount.

Hopefully this will be the future of A-mount. :cheergal: Go! Go! A-mount! :lovegrin:

In the meantime, have to source from other places lah. Since CP can still bring in with full payment, that is a good option I guess.

Someone is selling the 17-50mm in the B&S. You may want to do a serach. 200-500mm is not a very popular lens, hence, the shops may not be keeping stock of it.

The problem may be the agent, as they are not bringing a-mount in large quantity. It's a chicken and egg kind of problem. A-mount lens are not selling in large quantity, hence agent don't bring it in. At the same time, a-mount users or potential a-mount users complain no lens to buy and after a while jump ship cause can't wait.

Give MSColor a call and ask for Florence. Give her some time, and she will be able to tell you if there is stock with the agent and if not how long it will take to order it. :)

if its so easy to just walk into any shop, plonk down dollars and walk out with what you want every time, where's the fun in all of that? :bsmilie:

do we treat photography the same way, go to a site/ event and expect to get THE shot each time? :think:

Hi bro,

When I went to John 3:16 last week, they said they have the Tamron 17-50mm. Try them out.

:)

blueayz, hope it's something temporary too. Anyway I won't pay for items in full $3K to get it 3 months later :eek:. That is a bad judgement call IMHO. If, anything happens, I'll be held at ransom. I'll have 3 months sleepless night if I do that :bigeyes:. CP should be established enough not to warrant a full payment up-front :thumbsd:. I'm eager but not gullible. Don't mind 50% payment though.

Galdor, I'm looking for a new set. I too noticed the Tamron 200-500mm is not popular. Anyway anything heavier than my Sigma 400mm Prime at 1.4kg is a no-no . I preferably like the flexibility of handheld shots or the very most on a monopod.

tankm, yeah the chicken and egg thingy. I agree.

Trigger Happy, Nikon and Canon users have it easy,so why can we? My fren (stingrey) should be smiling sheepishly reading this. I almost can hear he say in my brain, "I told you so", while clasping his D2X. Joking Rey! :lovegrin: But the KM 7D/5D/Sony A100 in-body IS and how much I can save due to that is THE staying factor. :thumbsup:

raincool2005, thanks for reminder. Been a while since I bought a lens brand new.

cykic, thanks for tip.

Sometimes I wish the new bodies will come soon and make our local shops take notice on us a-mount users, and maybe start stocking up more? Anyway I'm not in a hurry but will need those lenses before next year Airshow.

Thanks.

i also think liddat last time... but my 17-35 also not constant 2.8...

anyway, i think the CZ can help me take better pictures (i really hope) :devil:

mmmm......luckily for me, my setup is nowhere near top end so i still get to blame the equipment for poor photos......:devil:

and if my pics r good, i get to say it's the man behind the camera.....

haha...but these arguments will never work with the pros here....:sweat:

greenieadi;3295069[COLOR="#00bfff" said:
Trigger Happy[/COLOR], Nikon and Canon users have it easy,so why can we? My fren (stingrey) should be smiling sheepishly reading this. I almost can hear he say in my brain, "I told you so", while clasping his D2X. Joking Rey! :lovegrin: But the KM 7D/5D/Sony A100 in-body IS and how much I can save due to that is THE staying factor. :thumbsup:

EXACTLY! we have built-in IS that works on ANY lens, AF or MF, new or old, and not only that, we have rare lenses to hunt for, which makes it all the more precious once found, and urge to use (since we went through so much effort to find it in the first place!) instead of lenses easily available off the shelf like ham that goes in the fridge and gets forgotten... :bsmilie:

EXACTLY! we have built-in IS that works on ANY lens, AF or MF, new or old, and not only that, we have rare lenses to hunt for, which makes it all the more precious once found, and urge to use (since we went through so much effort to find it in the first place!) instead of lenses easily available off the shelf like ham that goes in the fridge and gets forgotten... :bsmilie:

haha.....wow....that is really something.....will one really buy lens and keep it somewhere without using them? must be super-rich...:think:

U got 1 lens now mah... wait til u got a collection of Gees like Geno's... seeing his collection is like Genocide... :bsmilie:

G Lens!!!! wah man.....i dun think i'll ever reach that level man.....too ex....

however, maybe when i did get it, i dun think it will venture outside my home....too ex for me to drop....:sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.