A moment of pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheguthamrin

Jul 14, 2007
2663431114_eccc6bc11f.jpg

One of my favourites among the shots I took for NDP rehearsal. I feel that the clouds had brought out the mood; as if they are flying home from some warzone... hehehe... I had cropped and adjusted the colours to bring out the gold. Whats your take on this?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Oh and good morning!

Nice colors. Only if the photo was taken slightly onto the right angle to give more face of the flag.

I did get another angle as it flew closer, but I couldnt get the background of clouds, but the skyscrapers instead...

I did get another angle as it flew closer, but I couldnt get the background of clouds, but the skyscrapers instead...

Oh well, there won't be everytime when things go our way. I guess you would have to make do this photo. But actually having the skyscrapers as background, doesn't seem to be a bad idea?

The glare on from the flag makes it hard to see. If I'm not a Singaporean, I probably couldn't tell it's the national flag of Singapore.

Oh well, there won't be everytime when things go our way. I guess you would have to make do this photo. But actually having the skyscrapers as background, doesn't seem to be a bad idea?

The glare on from the flag makes it hard to see. If I'm not a Singaporean, I probably couldn't tell it's the national flag of Singapore.

Thank you for dropping by!
Yes most times we have to make do with the opportunities we got, with the limited time and space, and wherever our position at the moment. It may not be a Singapore flag; but I feel that the choppers look more dramatic having captured against the clouds than the skyscraper background. Inspired by some war movies :)

The one with the skyscraper shot had some missing details -
- the sun's rays on the choppers and the flag;
- the choppers "blended" with the skyscrapers
- it looks "ordinary" [at least to me] as shown below

2662607053_6ec79d2586.jpg

the sunset gave a nice effect, but it'll be better if the details on the flag weren't washed out.
anyone can give any suggestions on how to improve this shot? (camera setting, filters, etc?)

Personally I would like some movement in the picture. Maybe a slower shutter would give some live to the helicopter that it's actually moving. Dropping to 1/60 or 1/100 should do the job.

Personally I would like some movement in the picture. Maybe a slower shutter would give some live to the helicopter that it's actually moving. Dropping to 1/60 or 1/100 should do the job.

Hmmmmm :think:
- Will that make the flag even more unrecognisable?
- Will that overexpose the clouds / sky?

Hmmmmm :think:
- Will that make the flag even more unrecognisable?
- Will that overexpose the clouds / sky?

My sentiments exactly. I doubt dropping the shutter speed would help at all. I know for sure the helicopters are moving because they are in the air, not on the ground. Motion blur will probably not bring that across any better.

i would say gd effort on it though. Interesting but like many had pointed out, if i weren't a Singpoarean, i would not know tt is a Singapore flag they are carrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.