A little question about lens compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

deckb5

Jul 3, 2008
hey guys, I'm using a D60, and according to the manuals and information online, it doesnt have a camera motor that drives lenses, so it can only auto focus on lenses with in-built motors. For the Nikkor 70-300mm AF, it seems to be campatible as seen from the website?

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/lens/Nikon/tele_zoom/70-300mm/82.html

I thought only AF-S lenses? This is a little confusing. Or did the website mean it can be used but not AF mode?

hey guys, I'm using a D60, and according to the manuals and information online, it doesnt have a camera motor that drives lenses, so it can only auto focus on lenses with in-built motors. For the Nikkor 70-300mm AF, it seems to be campatible as seen from the website?

http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/lens/Nikon/tele_zoom/70-300mm/82.html

I thought only AF-S lenses? This is a little confusing. Or did the website mean it can be used but not AF mode?

You can still use it with D40/X/60.
Just that it is manual focusing

Ryan

It would mf on your d60 because this lens is not built with the af-s motor in it u may consider 75-300mm vr instead

Last edited:
Perhaps the issue of compatibility mentioned, is refering to - can mount the lens/cannot mount.

For Nikkor lenses, as long as you see AF-S, the lens can autofocus on your D60. All other types will not AF, so have to manual focus with those.

Perhaps the issue of compatibility mentioned, is refering to - can mount the lens/cannot mount.

For Nikkor lenses, as long as you see AF-S, the lens can autofocus on your D60. All other types will not AF, so have to manual focus with those.

this lens would be able to mount but just no AF

Ahh great I get it now, I believe they meant can mount but they didn't state whether the AF mode would work. So the lens won't work in auto focus, wad a pity haha. Oh wells, thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.