A DFS Experience


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
jus came back from outstation this evening... and as usual i went to buy some liqours from DFS... and as usual... no one serve me... i dun really mind... as i got a few passports wif me... ( my colleagues...) i get to buy more liquours.. so i got myself 3 cordeon bleu... upon reaching the cashier.. this dfs lady came to me.. oh lemme serve u... buy putting her damn "commission" card into my basket when she didnt even serve me...

oh well.. alright den.. let her earn tt few bucks.. an old man.. next to me.. prolly his first trip out of town asked tt lady.. hey can buy ciggies? she "yelled" at him so loud.. NO WAY.. GO OUT CAN BUY. COME IN CANNOT BUY. and everyone jus stared at the old man.. wah lau..
canx she be more polite? i mean she was really rude... i got so pissed tt i threw away her commission card on the floor.. and tt means she got no commission!

kaoz... its the airport and u r facing a lot of foreigners.. how cud she do tt? she shd at least explain to the oldman mah!!! kaoz!!!
 

Big Kahuna

Senior Member
Dec 15, 2004
2,126
1
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#2
These are so called lao jiao...I have a friend whom had a short spell working at DFS....she always kena bullied in shift schedule and was assigned to the not so popular counter....the liquor and cigarates are all chope by more senior staffs and these are the things that they are good at :thumbsd:
 

Klose

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2005
2,619
0
0
#3
I rememeber when I came back from term breaks, I did lots of quickie shopping at DFS. Rush in grab all the booze on the shoppig list. Rush to the counter and pay.:sweat:
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#4
ya notice tis too... she just slip this laminated card of hers on the bottle of liquor... anyway, they know nuts about any liquor... let alone promote them...
 

dnd8008

New Member
Feb 25, 2005
186
0
0
#5
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ya notice tis too... she just slip this laminated card of hers on the bottle of liquor... anyway, they know nuts about any liquor... let alone promote them...
I concur, the last time, have to search for these ladies who seemed 'magneted' to foreigners to ask them if the have any 1/2 sized wines. Straight away says no, even though I knew that I have bought them before. I found them myself in the end!
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#7
Nah... I dun usually shop at DFS since I rarely drink these days.

How's the taste of Ice Wine? I did heard it's quite good.

The elusive Sake juz can't be found on our local DFS though... :(
 

Beachboy

Senior Member
Feb 5, 2004
1,759
0
36
Singapore, Jurong East
#9
I also have the similar situation........really hate it because they dont even help us but in the end still have cheeck to slip in their cards :angry::angry::angry:.....


wondering how much they earn per transaction ?
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#11
Beachboy said:
I also have the similar situation........really hate it because they dont even help us but in the end still have cheeck to slip in their cards :angry::angry::angry:.....


wondering how much they earn per transaction ?
i think there are others with similar situation..

me too.. but i bo chap them..

usually, i would walk one round see wat i wan.. if someone did bother to help me, then i help them.. otherwise, after deciding wat i get, i jus get a basket, put the things i wan and i go pay.. mostly by this time while walking or queueing towards cashier, they will come to u..

REALISTIC ...
 

melnjes

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
1,198
1
0
#14
I didn't know this sort of thing happens.

If she didn't serve me, why should she get commission? Should report to DFS management.
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
0
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#15
service at airport is very bad.
In late september,while returning from a trip.
I went to push a trolley,then an old uncle scolding 2 foreigner shouting "there got trolley cannot use meh!" in hokkien cause the trolley arranged quite messy.
I wonder how they understand and the 2 foreigner was also bemused.
 

jsbn

Senior Member
Jul 24, 2002
2,944
0
0
Planet Eropagnis
#17
Desert Wine.... Ice Wine....

Couple that with a good reunion dinner. I guess that would be nice. :D Thnx guyz! I'll take note of it for my next trip!

Anyway, back to topic, the service standards at DFS shops I thought was quite ok. But if u guys had taken midnight flights (ie, reach Changi Airport at 1am type), u'll notice that the ppl seem a lot slower than usual and they wun tend to smile as much.
 

djork

New Member
Jul 14, 2002
1,157
0
0
Hong Kong, Pokfulam
Visit site
#18
RuthBaby said:
jus came back from outstation this evening... and as usual i went to buy some liqours from DFS... and as usual... no one serve me... i dun really mind... as i got a few passports wif me... ( my colleagues...) i get to buy more liquours.. so i got myself 3 cordeon bleu... upon reaching the cashier.. this dfs lady came to me.. oh lemme serve u... buy putting her damn "commission" card into my basket when she didnt even serve me...

oh well.. alright den.. let her earn tt few bucks.. an old man.. next to me.. prolly his first trip out of town asked tt lady.. hey can buy ciggies? she "yelled" at him so loud.. NO WAY.. GO OUT CAN BUY. COME IN CANNOT BUY. and everyone jus stared at the old man.. wah lau..
canx she be more polite? i mean she was really rude... i got so pissed tt i threw away her commission card on the floor.. and tt means she got no commission!

kaoz... its the airport and u r facing a lot of foreigners.. how cud she do tt? she shd at least explain to the oldman mah!!! kaoz!!!
yeah that's quite sad to hear. if i were the old man i'd probably speak to her boss.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#19
RuthBaby said:
We Shd Do Something Man.
Maybe Say Eh.. U Didnt Serve Me Leh.. Why U Put This Card In? Lolz
actually look around, only about 2 sales lor... den i won't doubt the cashier if u din have a card, will not help them key in as well...

think we should ask instead, if we self service, can we have cash rebates? :bsmilie:
 

alan1996

New Member
Sep 29, 2005
459
0
0
46
Singapore, Clementi
#20
PhotoDog said:
Don't know how to describe the taste but it taste real good.
Do you know the diff. between Inniskillin's normal (2003), Gold Reserve (2004) and the Platium Reserve (2002) Icewine? I have 1 of the normal and the Platium and 2 gold. Thinking of getting more when I come back from China end of this month. May get 1 Rudy Reserve too. Is the Inniskillin's Rudy Reserve Icewine good?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom