a couple of my images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriabinesque

Apr 10, 2002
Singapore
fotologue.jp
These aren't digital. Purely colour darkroom stuff. From my photography major year.

stump.jpg

tree.jpg

Comments?

Which sch u from?

Oh by the way...try scanning ur photos at lower res? or adjust size?

Im not sure but...it sure took a long time to load up on my 56k..hehe...
:)

I studied in the School of Design, Temasek Polytechnic. Graduated in 2000.

I have to keep them in this resolution, this is the lowest I can go without forgoing any image quality.

Actually, with the current dimensions, you can save at JPEG-5 without a lot of loss in quality. 200+ K for the image is a little on the big side. Fortunately I am on broadband. :p

Anyway, can't really give any comments as I am not into abstracts. ;p

Regards
CK

Broadband~ Broadband~

Seriously, dunnoe how to comment on anstract... I feel it really depends on what the photographer is trying to tell... the mood and the story... I think a good abstract is one that can get the message across....

I think this way, one shouldn't put too much meaning into an image for the image itself already has a meaning. no point putting extra meaning into it. I believe in an aesthetic approach to doing work like those I posted above.

Composition is important in the initial production stage, and it is further improved by cropping while making the enlargement. try making an enlargement over a contact print at the same time, the effect you get is like the first image. No large sheets of film? improvise. My contact sheet was blown up from a 4x5 transparency. It makes photography more fun to work with in an alternative way. A lot of guesswork is done for that first image.

The second image is much printing control done. the colours don't exist like this at 3 a.m. at the location.

i like the first one.... i think it's a tree bark right? but i can see alot of things there like snake, a human face, and water ripple too! hmmmm.... is that an original photo? or composite photos?

Aha. so finally someone else replied.

The first image, is a cherubim with a tree stump that has got a few leaves on top of it. It's an alternative print, of a transparency image with a negative image. it's making a contact print with an enlargement.

step by step.

1. i have a positive 4 x 5 inch transparency of the stump. i enlarged it onto an 8 x 10 inch film and processed it as a negative.

2. In the enlarger i have a negative of a cherubim on 6 x 7 cm b&W film. exposed it over the contact print. Since the contact film cannot be seen, a lot of guesswork is used here.

3. Voila.

Status
Not open for further replies.