A*300 f2.8

I seriously doubt you got vitamin M deficiency lah. Hope your film camera was OK from that little incident on Saturday. I think the Pentax gods are displeased when you use a Nikon strap on a Pentax body... sorry for making light of your plight. Anyway I got excellent condition Pentax Program Plus as replacement... for you cheap, cheap... :devil:

Yup Denis, when I saw that strap, Nik--, huh, I tot I want to say trai.......:bsmilie::bsmilie:
But on hindsight, he looked handsome in the pic.:cool:

Add in a few shots here.

Not PP, original jpeg files.

16march10k10dA300126.jpg

16march10k10dA300139.jpg

16march10k10dA300182.jpg

marcus

Wow! 500mm ;p I'm jealous ...

Will start the outing thread soon :)

Good idea, something different from the norm.

I am also a newbie, trying new lens. Your 500 mm lens, is it a sigma or pentax smc?

Am waitiing for the leader to lead:thumbsup:

marcus

It's a Pentacon 500mm/5.6 with 2x TC, M42 lens. I guess the IQ from Pentax 300mm is at least a class higher.
But I like the build of this Pentacon heavy weight. It double up as a dumbbell :bsmilie:

Add in a few shots here.

Not PP, original jpeg files.

16march10k10dA300126.jpg

16march10k10dA300139.jpg

16march10k10dA300182.jpg

marcus

Marcus, great shots! Envy....
How you get the lobang for the great lens?

Marcus, great shots! Envy....
How you get the lobang for the great lens?

This lens bid from ebay. Owner stated he found a rare lens and hence the link.:)

Tks for your compliments. Just starting into animals or birding photography.

Just got myself a Gimball, called Manda(no brand) and found it stable but have not got a tripod.

Test shot with a manda gimball. iso 640, gimball, shutter 1/80.

100 % cropped and distance was about 400 metres, 2x L converter, tripod used.

16march10k10dA300214-2.jpg

I like the sharpness here as naked eyes cannot see the signboard clearly.

marcus

Yup Denis, when I saw that strap, Nik--, huh, I tot I want to say trai.......:bsmilie::bsmilie:
But on hindsight, he looked handsome in the pic.:cool:

Actually i took out the strap that morning to fit in the winder from Ben. Maybe i didnt tighten it properly... or maybe it is just my karma for using a nik** strap!!!

since you said i looked handsome with that strap, maybe i will use it again hahaha....:bsmilie: on my water bottle.

seriously, it is very difficult to get 300 lens. maybe want to tryout yours if you dont mind the next time you go shooting...

Actually i took out the strap that morning to fit in the winder from Ben. Maybe i didnt tighten it properly... or maybe it is just my karma for using a nik** strap!!!

since you said i looked handsome with that strap, maybe i will use it again hahaha....:bsmilie: on my water bottle.

seriously, it is very difficult to get 300 lens. maybe want to tryout yours if you dont mind the next time you go shooting...

give me... i use Nik** :bsmilie:

In an irrational moment, I managed to get hold of a 300K/f4. Old manual lens. Have not tried it out much yet. The IQ from your lens is without doubt much better.

Tried to shot some birds but my manual focus skills need to be much improved. Those damn birds always seem to fly off before I am ready. Have to probably target those old and lame birds to start.

Have to probably target those old and lame birds to start.

How come this statement remind me of the toilet. :sweatsm:

Anyways, we cannot get any telephoto lens in Singapore izzit? If dun have, then have to get it overseas liao, that means chalat for my bank:cry: .

Anyways, the Samyang Telephoto lense look quite good. I like to take picture of the moon. I saw the image in the flickr, it take a very sharp image of it. But I see, for birding pic, these guys cannot catch it. Maybe becoz of Manual focusing.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=668656

That strap you have is very different as in the material is really very smooth compared to the usual one. If it is not secured properly it will slowly slide away...

Are you sure 300 lens difficult to get? Go shop can buy liao...:bsmilie: at one time i almost have 3 versions of the 300 lens...

since you said i looked handsome with that strap, maybe i will use it again hahaha, on my water bottle.

Sure, seefei, next outing is Bird Park and 3 kg, got to carry like a baby:bsmilie:

In an irrational moment, I managed to get hold of a 300K/f4. Old manual lens. Have not tried it out much yet. The IQ from your lens is without doubt much better.

Tried to shot some birds but my manual focus skills need to be much improved. Those damn birds always seem to fly off before I am ready. Have to probably target those old and lame birds to start.

Birds in birdpark are tamed. those birds will come to you, quite auto and that makes a huge difference compare to birds from the wild. 200 to 300 mm lens is sufficient.:)

marcus

It's a Pentacon 500mm/5.6 with 2x TC, M42 lens. I guess the IQ from Pentax 300mm is at least a class higher.
But I like the build of this Pentacon heavy weight. It double up as a dumbbell :bsmilie:

Next outing, see if can try your 500mm pentacon. Arg.... we exchange lens lah. I still have a 300 mm takumar m42, oso weight a ton.:bsmilie: When I carried the A300 in birdpark, its like carrying a little baby using my belly to support:bsmilie:

marcus

A 300 without teleconverter.

today in macritchie reservoir.

16march10k300066.jpg

16march10k300093.jpg

marcus