9tro - Adver Photoshoot | Naomi Liu, XueSha, Celestina, Camy Lee, Honey Tunn, Desiree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2009
Hello All!
This is my first time posting, so please do inform me if there are infringements or issues so i could rectify and clarify asap.

Promotional Photo shoot

9tro is a newly created online automotive web portal. Specializing in mainly the modified segment of the automotive industry, together with sections for featured models, automotive news and reviews, and not forgetting the lifestyle aspect to its viewers under 9lives, we strive at becoming an online portal not unsimilar to certain print media such as Hypertuned (Malaysia), Option (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan) and Hotstuff (Singapore), or like www.importtuner.com, www.hotstuffmag.net andwww.maxpower.co.uk.

Scheduled to launch in January 2010, we are currently assembling and scheduling for a photo shoot for our print media advertising (magazine advertising). A selected group of cars (3x continental and 3x Asian) together with a group of 6x models would be used for this photo shoot. Let me briefly and quickly elaborate:

9tro would be split between a ‘Black’ category and a ‘Gold’ category. Black – continental cars. Gold – Asian cars.

For the photo shoot, 3x continental cars would be on the left side of the picture, while 3x Asian cars would be on the right side of the picture. 3x models would be posing on the left side, the other 3x models would be posing on the right side, while I would be positioning myself in the middle.
Aside from this 'main picture' shoot, time would be dedicated for all photographers to shoot: "models only" and "cars only"

Car selection
(Black category): Gun-Metal BMW 335i, White Audi R8, Black Lotus Exige or Black Porsche Boxter
(Gold category): Red Honda S2000, Gold Subaru WRX, Black Fairlady 350Z or White Nissan GT-R

Models: Naomi Liu, Desiree, Honey Tunn, Camy Lee, Celestina Tiew, (1 more to be confirmed)

We are hoping to have this photo shoot take place on:

5th December 2009 (Saturday)
in the event that Saturday's photoshoot does not go thru due to rain, the shoot would then take place on:
6th December 2009 (Sunday)

Time: 9:30am till 12:00noon

Location: to be provided thru SMS upon confirmation. (it would be OUTDOORS)

Light refreshments would be provided.

We would like to take this opportunity to invite between 20 to 30 photographers down to participate in this photo shoot.

Cost: SG$100.00 per photographer.
We would be using the ‘best photograph’ as our magazine-advertising picture, and would also be using the ‘best photograph’ for our homepage. Furthermore, the picture used on the homepage would be accordingly credited to the photographer. Photograph from the selected photographer would also stand a chance to win a prize (SGD$200.00 cash), and only one photograph would be selected. Any additional photographs we receive from the photographers that we choose to keep or use, would be purchased at SG$10.00 each.

For further information or to participate: please email us the following information to: (9tro@9tro.com)

Full Name:
Contact Number:
Email Address:
Camera Choice:
Lense Choice:

Naomi:
10724_134136082361_536642361_259471.jpg

XueSha:
n616600807_1788853_4358.jpg

Celestina:
C2-185843_copy.jpg

Desiree:
VIPfaceshot.jpg

TS, your photoshoot description is very confusing...

You mean participants have a choice of submitting photos to you, and if their photographs are selected or used, there is renumeration? :dunno:

200 dollars for a commercial shoot and if you are the best phtg? -.-
10 dollars per pic IF your pic is selected
and i ve to fork out 100 to shoot .... humm....

cars awesome though

Hi all!

Apologies for not having been more specific or clear in the posting.
:)

1.) Participants do have a choice to send photos in to us if they want to. No obligations, it could be purely a 'shoot for fun' and 'personal collection'. However, if photographers do feel that they have pictures that are good and usable, no harm sending them in. There are 2 types of submissions:

(a) group image - this is the picture we are hoping to secure, and would be used as advertisements in magazine(s). Due to the fact that we could only choose 1 such image, there will only be 1 price. Prize winner takes home minimum SG$200.00 cash, and this cash-prize is subjected to increase (guaranteed no decrease), depending on photographers-turn-out rate. [we want to be fairer as well, and make it a fun morning for everyone]

(b) individual image - these are picture-opportunities that would occur after the group picture taking session. Cars would be individually spaced out for photographers to enjoy shooting them alone, and models would be organized to pose with these cars individually. Any participant who chooses to submit pictures from this category, and if any of these pictures are published/used, then they would be purchased at SG$10.00 each, and this purchasing-amount is subjected to increase (guaranteed no decrease), depending on photographers-turn-out rate. [we want to be fairer as well, and make it a fun morning for everyone]

Thanks peeps!
:-D

Hmm... Shouldn't TS be "hiring" photographers for this?
haha, you are interested ah? :)

hmm from what TS said.. means if a photographer join this and give u 10 photos.. you will return the shoot money? :confused:

i think what he meant was only for those photos selected by them for magazine..? but the odds of them selecting/purchasing all 10 from one participant would be quite low if there are about 30 participants..

I think what u all want to say is ... it looks like it is cheaper to engage 30 photographers and collect $100 x 30 = $3000 than engaging 01 commercial photographer and be paying out money instead .... we say its a jolly good deal for the TS :)

and ONLY if your image is selected for the homepage, u get $200 ? or u can get $10 back out of the $100 u have to pay earlier for other selected images ... is this a good deal to you as a shooter ? .. if NO, just too bad ;p

This IS RIDICULOUS.

This is the WOSAT KIND OF EXPLOITATION.

You are launching a web site and not only do you want free photography service, you are asking the photographer to pay you to shoot, then give you the pictures!

Better, you ought to hire a photographer and commission the pictures. This is not the way to go.

This is PATHETIC.

This IS RIDICULOUS.

This is the WOSAT KIND OF EXPLOITATION.

You are launching a web site and not only do you want free photography service, you are asking the photographer to pay you to shoot, then give you the pictures!

Better, you ought to hire a photographer and commission the pictures. This is not the way to go.

This is PATHETIC.

DP, as much as I want to agree with you... (of course it can be classified as exploitation to some extent...)...

I'll have to say that this is a rare case of potential success.

If the organiser is not a joke/scam/farce like many past examples, people will not mind paying a $100 for some of the above models and yet still have a chance to get small returns? Doesn't matter if it's just $10, $50 or $200.

We're talking about hobbyist amateurs joining CS shoots. If their names a credited on this upcoming website, an added bonus.

There have been past examples of success from persons who paid alot to join organised shoots... but these persons contribute their pictures to organiser, gained reputatation, and now are earning several thousands for each wedding he shoots.

haha, you are interested ah? :)

Nah... Photography is just hobby for me. Commercial shoot is not my interest.

However...

... hmm from what TS said.. means if a photographer join this and give u 10 photos.. you will return the shoot money? :confused:

As you have said it, does this make sense to you?

hello peeps!
let me try to share and better-explain our situation, so that there is no animosity or misunderstanding.

1. Yes, to an extent, we do understand the seemingly 'exploitive nature' of this shoot. I would like to however, emphasize a few minor points:

a. As mentioned and (i believe) understood by some of you, we are a newly created web-portal, and as any new start up business would tell you, expenditure has to be kept at a minimum. While 30photographer x 100dollars does in deed equate to $3000.00, we have to bear the cost of location (it is after all, a large space), a scaffolding (or raiser) for a high-level shoot, transportation fees, models fees, etc...

b. Having said this, the 1x $200+ given out as a prize, along with proper crediting of photographer on our website's main page and in the published advertisement page, could be beneficial to both professional and amateur photographers.

2. Pertaining to the $10 per selected picture: Photographers may choose to submit as many pictures to 9tro as he/she wishes, and only those that are selected for use (visible on website) would be credited and paid ($10 per picture). So send in the best! We would be looking out for about 10 - 20 pictures in total.

Hope this could help clear the air a tad. We are not here to scam people, because participating photographers would find out on the day itself. The location is guaranteed open space, cars would be sparkling clean, and models would be beautifully ready. The only thing i could not personally promise, is the weather. As a photographer myself (albeit amateur), i believe i would have a field-day this coming Saturday morning.

cheers~
:)

DP, as much as I want to agree with you... (of course it can be classified as exploitation to some extent...)...

I'll have to say that this is a rare case of potential success.

If the organiser is not a joke/scam/farce like many past examples, people will not mind paying a $100 for some of the above models and yet still have a chance to get small returns? Doesn't matter if it's just $10, $50 or $200.

We're talking about hobbyist amateurs joining CS shoots. If their names a credited on this upcoming website, an added bonus.

There have been past examples of success from persons who paid alot to join organised shoots... but these persons contribute their pictures to organiser, gained reputatation, and now are earning several thousands for each wedding he shoots.

As long as the shoot is well organised ............... tokens of appreciation are just added bonuses :)

i don't think it's exploitive at all. $100 to shoot superb cars and HOT and experienced models. Furthermore, sending in your photos is optional.

If you send in your photos, you have a chance to get back at least $10 each. If you don't, I doubt you'll be selling your photos anywhere else. You'll just keep it for personal collection and lose the opportunity to get back anything at all.

This is just business, they already openly tell you how much they're willing to pay. It's not like they're a charity. If you're a professional photographer and want to be paid good money for your photos, you shouldn't be coming here looking for a job.

This is already an improvement from other photo competitions where they hold all rights to submitted photos for all eternity, and they don't pay you a cent.

I failed to see how this is exploitation; We have the option NOT to submit our photographs, which make this a normal shoot. Or submit our photographs, if we WANT to try our luck to make some money.

Most of us join photo shoot which are, at times, more expensive than this ($100) and all we get are photographs which, for most time, we gave photographs to the models, FOC. And for most time, the props are less elaborate (at most a nice bed or a big bath tub :p).

I, for one, am not a professional photographer; I am not even a Hotstuff or FHM photographer and I believe most of the photographers in CS aren't too. Hence, i failed to see how this is exploitation and why I should get so excited that my photographs is only worth $200 or $10 where in the first place, my photographs are worth nots in my hard disk.

Good day people.
Many thanks to the kind hearted ones who have helped me better explain the situation, much much appreciated.

On a side note, i have just confirmed another exotic ride, a Lambo Gallardo would be present for the shoot as well.

Interested parties, please feel free to either email us at 9tro@9tro.com or you may also wish to SMS me at 9127 6465. Name's Hong.

cheers~
:D

Good day people.
Many thanks to the kind hearted ones who have helped me better explain the situation, much much appreciated.

On a side note, i have just confirmed another exotic ride, a Lambo Gallardo would be present for the shoot as well.

Interested parties, please feel free to either email us at 9tro@9tro.com or you may also wish to SMS me at 9127 6465. Name's Hong.

cheers~
:D

Hi Hong, I think what you're planning sounds really exciting. A pity that you posted this so late. I already made plans to attend a conference this Saturday. I wish you a very successful photoshoot.

oneluckyguy: thanks again for the kind words! would share the day's shoot with everyone once they are edited as well.

current photographers:
1. 9tro
2. Ed

current participants:
1. 9tro
2. Ed
3. Garuto

Status
Not open for further replies.