8R printing


Status
Not open for further replies.

brandonb

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
315
0
0
#1
Anyway to preserv as much as possible from 3:2 images taken by DSLR to 8R printing ? As print out will be crop if using original file without any post processing in PS.
 

madison

New Member
Dec 3, 2003
169
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#3
Sorry for the poor formatting below. It was extracted from a word document, showing the photo size, related ratio and the recommendation resolution for 300dpi. Rgds.

Photo Type Size Ratio Recommended resolution

Passport 35mm x 45mm 7:9 413 x 531
3R 3.5" x 5" 7:10 1050 x 1500
4R 4" x 6" 2:3 1200 x 1800
5R 5" x 7" 5:7 1500 x 2100
6R 6" x 8" 3:4 1800 x 2400
8R 8" x 10" 4:5 2400 x 3000
S8R 8" x 12" 2:3 2400 x 3600
10R 10" x 12" 5:6 3000 x 3600
S10R 10" x 15" 2:3 3000 x 4500
A5 148mm x 210mm 1748 x 2480
A4 210mm x 297mm 2480 x 3508
A3 297mm x 420mm 3508 x 4961
 

brandonb

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
315
0
0
#4
reflecx said:
Why not save the trouble and print S8R instead, which is 3:2 ratio?
For some photo contest, they only accept 8R. Not S8R.
 

sinlg

New Member
Jun 21, 2004
355
0
0
50
#5
madison said:
Sorry for the poor formatting below. It was extracted from a word document, showing the photo size, related ratio and the recommendation resolution for 300dpi. Rgds.

Photo Type Size Ratio Recommended resolution

Passport 35mm x 45mm 7:9 413 x 531
3R 3.5" x 5" 7:10 1050 x 1500
4R 4" x 6" 2:3 1200 x 1800
5R 5" x 7" 5:7 1500 x 2100
6R 6" x 8" 3:4 1800 x 2400
8R 8" x 10" 4:5 2400 x 3000
S8R 8" x 12" 2:3 2400 x 3600
10R 10" x 12" 5:6 3000 x 3600
S10R 10" x 15" 2:3 3000 x 4500
A5 148mm x 210mm 1748 x 2480
A4 210mm x 297mm 2480 x 3508
A3 297mm x 420mm 3508 x 4961

no shops print at 600 dpi?.. all 300dpi only?
i thot printer technology is at least 1200 dpi already
 

rexlim

New Member
Nov 3, 2004
1,209
0
0
#6
brandonb said:
For some photo contest, they only accept 8R. Not S8R.
I believe most contests accept 8R or S8R.
Do read the rules & regulations again carefully. Some will show "...minimum size of 8R is accepted..." Which means S8R size is also accepted.
 

brandonb

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
315
0
0
#7
rexlim said:
I believe most contests accept 8R or S8R.
Do read the rules & regulations again carefully. Some will show "...minimum size of 8R is accepted..." Which means S8R size is also accepted.
Too bad I already sent out the pic for contest. Spent 20++ for this experience. ;(
 

jj1987

New Member
Jun 24, 2005
46
0
0
30
FL
www.dodgegallery.com
#8
For an uncropped 8x10 Just go in photoshop and---

Image--> Image Size Set the largest dimension to 10.
Image--> Canvas Size then make the smallest dimension 8.

That will give you a white border, but wont crop. Otherwise just do 8x12 like suggested.

Oh yeah, did you forget to post your picture you submitted? ;)
 

brandonb

New Member
Nov 28, 2004
315
0
0
#9
jj1987 said:
For an uncropped 8x10 Just go in photoshop and---

Image--> Image Size Set the largest dimension to 10.
Image--> Canvas Size then make the smallest dimension 8.

That will give you a white border, but wont crop. Otherwise just do 8x12 like suggested.

Oh yeah, did you forget to post your picture you submitted? ;)
Will show you after win the prize ;p
 

Mar 12, 2005
168
0
16
Tampines
#13
sinlg said:
no shops print at 600 dpi?.. all 300dpi only?
i thot printer technology is at least 1200 dpi already
What is the resolution for our 6MP or 8MP camera?
default setting in Canon DPP software is 350dpi.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom