8GB SD on D80

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT abit BUT related :bsmilie: ... any idea what's a good 4gb SD card to buy and how muchie? Thanks ya. :angel:

Feels like I've been ignored ya :sweat: No one knows? :embrass:

Hi

if u r worried abt SD cards crashing (i think not common) i guess u can get the better ones like Sandisk, Kingston ..
make sure u get the correct one for ur camera / device.

some camera supports SDHC and have backward compatibility

cheers
Ryan

Hi

if u r worried abt SD cards crashing (i think not common) i guess u can get the better ones like Sandisk, Kingston ..
make sure u get the correct one for ur camera / device.

some camera supports SDHC and have backward compatibility

cheers
Ryan

OT abit more. Recently, I went to memory world in Funan and saw transcend 4GB 150X SD card. They say it's not SDHC card and it's faster then SDHC class 6 4GB. Can be read in normal Card reader w/o SDHC support.

Anyone here using that?

Michael

i agree. 4x2GB is better.

Yeah agree too...Bought a 4G sandisk Ultra II, and it takes few sec to focus when my memory card contains 600 pics. :dunno:

Yeah agree too...Bought a 4G sandisk Ultra II, and it takes few sec to focus when my memory card contains 600 pics. :dunno:

Sorry, I really don't get your statement above. How does a heavily loaded SD card translate to focus speed? As far as I know, there is no interaction at the point of focussing. Maybe only if you are shooting continuous......

Haha..this statement makes me think for a while.....I actually thought it's due to the card overloaded.....Yeah you're right, it doesn't affect....my focusing solved after resetting the settings to default.

Guess if for shooting RAW for all the shots , 8gb will be a good card.

Sandisk Extreme III is pretty cheap now... around $70 at CP, $75 at John 3:15... just don't buy from Parisilk... they selling at $85! :bigeyes:

The SD card does not affect focusing. But it does affect the rate at which information is transferred and cleared from your camera buffer when you are shooting continuous, in order to take the next few shots.

Ryan

I tried 8GB Kingston Class 6 on D80. Not problems even if i shot it at cold weather, giving ~700 shots in RAW. Transfer to PC of cause it takes longer, as it is 8GB data.
I think it is a reasonable capacity if you intend to shot in RAW, JPEG could be too much. Just my 2 cents.

Have one card and download to your pc HD and burn a dvd copy of it (dvd blanks are cheap these days). Then delete all previous old photos from your card. Save money and carry only one card.

i have a kingston 8GB SD4HC in my nikon D80...works just fine...i got it for S$50 during the last PC/IT show at suntec city...

though i did notice some card readers can't read it...

then again i've got a few 1GB and 2GB SD cards than i usually rotate as a dedicated disk for a particular subject, i.e. family pix, work, night shots, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.