7Hi "soft" focus problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somerset

May 28, 2004
Hello everybody,

I've recently purchased used Minolta DiMage 7Hi.
In quite a few pictures of the ones I have taken so far, I am being dissatified with the focus.
True, some of them were done with less ligth (indoors) and some were done near the end of the zoom without tripod, but generaly speaking all pics look rather "soft" when viewed on a computer screen.
(I moved from 3 MPixes to 7Hi's 5).

Does anyone else experience the same? Or it is natural due to the larger image? I haven't tried to print any of them yet, may be they will look good scaled down.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Somerset

pls read these, you may find them to somewhat elevate your woes (least psychologically that its not exactly your fault), though by the time (before?!) the soothing effect wears out, you may have found that you have ironically and inevidently opened an old can of worms.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=75712

AND

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=72930

Welcome to the "Dimage Club"...soon you will find out more. you will.

I have the same problem whenever I use the wide area focus. Try using the flex point focus and see if it helps. In my case, I prefer to set it to Flex Point. At least I know where my focus is rather than to leave it to the wide area focus.

Occasionally, even with the flex point focus, I noticed that the area of focus appears to be further back than the actual focus zone.

try to post the soft shots here for us to see ... A picture can tell us a thousand word

Hi guys,

Thanks to everybody who replied and all of the suggestions.
I already started shooting using the flex point focus (that's what I was used to anyway when using my old Pentax SLR) - I prefer to focus and re-compose than to play with the "AI" of the wide focus area.

I guess I will shoot some more pics, print some and then decide for myself.

While I am at the topic of asking - I was thinking about buying a small microdrive (340MB) instead of a small Flash card (256), does anyone know if the adapters for microdrives are different than the regular microdrives' adapters? Thicker may be?
I asking in order to know if I should buy it with an adapter or not (I alredy have Flash adapter for my laptop).

Best regards to everybody,
Somerset

P.S. Anyone in Montreal, Canada? (or close?)

Status
Not open for further replies.