70-200mm f4L IS hair line crack ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicknicksin

Apr 21, 2007
Yew Tee
Hi! may I know is that 70-200mm f4L IS at the tripod mounting location originally got a line there or thats my lens got hair line crack ?
Have a look at my pic

601591400_fe534b6ac3_o.jpg

:( :(

am I post in the right thread ?

Looks more like a tool mark or moulding mark of some sort.

If you feel worried about it, why not just pop by any shop and take a look at other pieces to see if got that mark or not?

hi nick,

mine has the 'crack' too.. looks like the way the lens was moulded :)

Thx for yr fast reply, hope that someone have the same lens as mine said thats a moulding mark or tool mark as u did :) so I don't need to go down to the shop again, I just bought it
23 june saturday...

it looks fine to me. din notice it until u mentioned. haha... enjoy the lens bro! :thumbsup:

hi nick,

mine has the 'crack' too.. looks like the way the lens was moulded :)

Thanks for yr reply ;) I feel better now....hehehe don't need to go down the shop loh...:D

I like ClubSNAP forum, so late still have member reply me :) thx both of u here

i also having the line there. It should be just the mould line. ;)

my nikon 70-200 also has this "hair line crack"......... on the ring and on the lens... so its not only a canon problem ;p

I also have tat. :bsmilie:

That's not a crack, it's too straight and uniform. Looks like it's from the molding process.

to confirm if it is really a "molding/tooling line" get 2 pc of the same type of lens and compare. if it appears in exactly the same location then the "molding /tooling line" suspicion is correct.

in molding technology such line is called "parting line" whereby the upper cavity and the lower cavity "meets" when closing to allow the material to fill and form into shape during the molding process. after the molding process is completed, the mold then "opens/separates" allowing the molded part to be "ejected/taken out"

Nothing wrong. That's molding line. I believe all the same lens have it. Unless (maybe) there are several manufacturer.

If that hairline crack, it is not so straight line like that.

Regards,
Arto.

Thanks guy for replies.
Confirm not crack :sweat: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

So I close this thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.