600D and 1100D announced

Thx god if this is true !! :thumbsup:

10 MP is more than enough for most of us.... :sweat:

Nah... wait for the 24 MP APS-C Sony A77 / Nikon D400.

Then, everyone will start lamenting how far behind Canon is... No one can take photos with 18 MP cameras any more...

It's pretty interesting that they put a built in flash commander into the 600D, Nikon should have done that ages ago, especially when they came up with in-body flash commander mode first.

It's pretty interesting that they put a built in flash commander into the 600D, Nikon should have done that ages ago, especially when they came up with in-body flash commander mode first.

If I have not mistaken, the entry-level Nikon D3100 already supports wireless flash control. Since the D5000 is slowly being phased out, its replacement should support this feature too.

hmm interestingly.. i just looked at the specs via dpreview.. both cameras are sort of paralysed if shot in burst using RAW.

600D
Continuous: 3.7 fps up to 34 Large/Fine JPEG / 6 RAW frames
1100D
Continuous: 2 fps up to 5 RAW frames / 3 fps up to 830 JPEG <---- Really?!

If I have not mistaken, the entry-level Nikon D3100 already supports wireless flash control. Since the D5000 is slowly being phased out, its replacement should support this feature too.

Nope the D3100 does not have CLS commander mode.

hmm interestingly.. i just looked at the specs via dpreview.. both cameras are sort of paralysed if shot in burst using RAW.

600D
Continuous: 3.7 fps up to 34 Large/Fine JPEG / 6 RAW frames
1100D
Continuous: 2 fps up to 5 RAW frames / 3 fps up to 830 JPEG <---- Really?!
lol 830 JPG? Probably a typo, 83 JPEGs sounds more realistic. But since 600D goes up to only 34 JPEGs, it's probably 30. If you're shooting that many frames in burst mode, you should be using the movie mode instead. That's 277 seconds, which is around 4 plus minutes of continuous shooting

Last edited:
Looks like Canon really need to price 1100D, 550D, 600D, 60D properly or even phase out 550D. The price there is really too tight.

Looks like Canon really need to price 1100D, 550D, 600D, 60D properly or even phase out 550D. The price there is really too tight.

personally feel that the unlikely the 550D is phased out..
most probably it will slide into the current slot that is occupied by the 500D (which will be EOL-ed in this case)

and the 1100D has to be priced really low to attract the 1st time buyers to choose a dslr over a mirrorless option from sony/panasonic/olympus.

with everyone using so high end cameras.. i feel embarrassed to take out my 8mp 30D.. :embrass:

wait a minute, my 30D still takes decent photos! :)

Mate, I still think its the photographer first before the camera and not the other way around.:)

Where's the fabled 5D Mark III?

hope it will have S raw M raw ..

When both cameras will be in singapore? Next month?

gigahz said:
hope it will have S raw M raw ..

What it means by S n M etc Raw??

Sorry for my Toopid Q.

I want want want the wireless flash commander on my 550D! When they put it on the 7D, they should have put it on the 550D as well..

Anyway, for xxxD users, the most sensible upgrade would be to something bigger and more substantial such as the 7D or xxD, rather than to something almost the same

:thumbsup:

My 5D still takes decent photos too.

i'm using 30D too. :D

is it strange to see technology moving so quickly the last 4-5 years ? :bsmilie:

actually more mp = more storage needed = good business for Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar, Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi etc.etc.etc....

is it strange to see technology moving so quickly the last 4-5 years ? :bsmilie:

actually more mp = more storage needed = good business for Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar, Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi etc.etc.etc....

not so good for us RAW shooters who keep running out of space because of increasing file sizes. imagine, at 18mp, every 100 pictures is 2.5gb!!!

a 1tb harddisk is only enough to store 40,000 pictures!!!