5D MK III

Marcus7

Oct 10, 2011
Chinatown
Hi guys,jus wanting to check whether is it a good time now to get hold of the 5DMKII since the MK3 is releasing soon...Do u guys think that the price of the MK2 will drop somehow or should i wait for a few more months before getting the MK2.Pls guys i nid ur comments & opinions.Hope i have posted in the relevant forum.Thanks!

are you talking about brand new or used set?
if used set,i can see the price already plunge today and expected to plunge below $2k when the 5D3 is launched locally.

Can wait 5 years. Price would be from 1.2 - 1.4

Sori bro,I was referring to used set...Thanks!

As suggested, wait 5 years if you can. Otherwise wait at least 5 months when 5D3 hit the streets.

5D3 is hitting the street end this month. Definitely 5D2 price will be affected. ;)

Forget about the Mk 2. Since you do not have any camera now, I suggest you do saving up over the next 2-3 months and go straight to the 5D III. This will save you from saying "Haiz I should have bought the newer version...." a couple of months later.

If you die die need a FF cam now, just lookout for any used 5D classics in the resale section. This camera is not much different from 5DII, and I really mean NOT MUCH, based on my own usage. I have also sold 2 of my own 5D to professionals who sold their mark II for the classic and it came from their mouths (I am not 1 though). If you want to do video, renting or buying a dedicated video camera will be a better choice. Frankly spending over 2k on the 5DII at this current juncture MAY not be a really good choice, as it is widely considered to be still overpriced in the resale market.

Ok thanx pachero for the insights...really appreciate it!