5D Mk 2 predecessor

ShiNn

Nov 26, 2006
ANyone heard anything about the FF model that will be replacing 5D2?

poor choice of diction.

that aside, rumors are just rumors. but probably will be at least announced by X'mas this year

Nobody knows, only Canon Japan have the answer.

yes, i heard about it... i also heard that it will have a full frame sensor and it will be called 5D Mark III...

i just dont heard when it will be released...

I do hope there will be some good news on 5DmkIII

Hmmm,i thought everybody were talking about it being either 5DMKIII or new model 6D??
anyway,rumours on these new models should be delayed in launching due to the disaster in Japan..

People have been speculating about 5D MK III since 2009...:bsmilie:

People have been speculating about 5D MK III since 2009...:bsmilie:

Here is the latest from Canon Rumours:

Digic V is on the way!!!! No mention whether it will be included in the Canon 5D Mark III. Here are the rumoured features:

• Still and video noise reduction that will be industry revolutionary (I like that word)
  • The most throughput on the market
  • Dynamic range improvements, unknown to what extent
  • New video codec. RAW video is unknown, but the throughput will attainable
  • New liveview AF abilities, unknown whether that will affect video AF
  • New “creative” tools for new DSLR and compact features

Here is the latest from Canon Rumours:

Digic V is on the way!!!! No mention whether it will be included in the Canon 5D Mark III. Here are the rumoured features:

• Still and video noise reduction that will be industry revolutionary (I like that word)
  • The most throughput on the market
  • Dynamic range improvements, unknown to what extent
  • New video codec. RAW video is unknown, but the throughput will attainable
  • New liveview AF abilities, unknown whether that will affect video AF
  • New “creative” tools for new DSLR and compact features

i'd love it if they could improve the ISO capability even more.

Hmmm,i thought everybody were talking about it being either 5DMKIII or new model 6D??
anyway,rumours on these new models should be delayed in launching due to the disaster in Japan..

6D? That would have to be a new product line. I can't understand people's desire to assign a new number to the xD line, like 3D, 4D, 8D, 9D, and now 6D. There just aren't that many numbers between 1 and 9 to go around, so if it is not a new product line, then it would be 5D Mark III.

6D? That would have to be a new product line. I can't understand people's desire to assign a new number to the xD line, like 3D, 4D, 8D, 9D, and now 6D. There just aren't that many numbers between 1 and 9 to go around, so if it is not a new product line, then it would be 5D Mark III.

Well, no one really knows what Canon has up its sleeves.. just like how the 7D came about even though it was widely perceived to be the successor of the 50D.

Canon has been very successful in keeping secret the development plans for its lens and camera lineup, and has given us quite a few surprises over the years. So i wouldn't be surprised if they decide to drop the 5D line and introduce a 6D with an APS-H sensor, for instance.

5D2 Predecessor ? 5D rite ?
The successor will be Mark3 or whatever the new model is (3D ?)

I believe the successor will be the milestone model Canon FF body including 1Ds3 successor too as will be stay around the next 3-4 years.