52mm lens on D90 - is it good to have battery grip

rodel

Sep 22, 2006
Got D90 and 18-55 VR and 55-200 VR lens.

is it recommendable to have a battery grip with that set-up....

depends on your palm size and your liking . . . i did it without the grip . . . :)

but i got the grip, left in the dry cabinet after 1 use . . . . :bsmilie:

The battery grip gives you the option of :
- extended battery life with additional battery
- better grip in a way especially with portrait orientation shooting
- possibly giving a better balance especially on longer heavier lenses
- gives u option of using 6 AA batteries if somehow ur original Nikon batts ran out of juice..
* on certain models, they can give u faster fps

You have to see if u really need the additional battery grip that will bulk up things, else really can do without it with ur existing setup. A needless battery grip kinda of defeats the purpose of having a smaller and lighter camera

Ryan

You migh need to consider a bigger shoulder bag, as to put the camera with the grip attached into your shoulder bag :)

It's up to your way of shooting. If you shoot portrait mode alot then a battery grip can help you to hold your camera properly without doing chicken wing. Help you to have better control/balance in holding your camera especially if you hand held long telephoto lenses. Plus point you get extra battery life.

For TS case, I don't think you need the battery grip since both lenses you own are quite light weighed. Unless you shoot alot of events, then having a battery grip is preferred.

I'll leave home my battery grip when I know I going shoot landscape or anything that I can take my own sweet time to shoot.