450D Newbies' Night Shoot on Sun, 20 Sep @ Marina Barrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Lam CK

Jul 2, 2009
Admiralty
glamphotography-ck.blogspot.com
Any newbies like me or experts who dont mind sharing their knowledge with newbies keen to join me for a night of photography this sunday?

I just had my 450D two months ago and looking forward to night photography (i'm also very interested in moon shots and lightning shots!).

Interested just reply to this thread? Then i can organise. Thanks. Most probably meet 7pm at marina mrt station.

Regards
Gerald

500D user can join ? =0)

remember!! If you have a tripod, use iso 100 and f 10 to 16 for landscape night shots. A good to have thing would be a shutter release as you dont have to use the timer on your camera to shoot. =)

Pizzaboi u stay in woodlands? Me at admiralty! Maybe you can teach me some tricks abt canon functions! Haha..esp long exposure and ISO. hehe

whoa whoa... im a newbie too ...

cannot blind lead the blind... whahaha...

wanted to go along so as to learn more too..

til wad time u all be there? i werkin til 10... hehe..

What time do you guys going to start? I'm interested. I haven't done any night photography before.. Newbie here

I'm coming too.

i am also going.

any one want to eat dinner?

Erm sorry folks...i got a change of plan. Not able to make it on sun night...i will go on thur night instead. Those who interested to go on /thur can PM me? Those who already made their mind to go on sun night can perhaps coordinate among yourself? So paiseh....i will join next time k? Let me know if you are interested to go on thur! Thanks.

Actually have you guys consider a pre-dawn shoot instead? IMHO I think its much better than the night scene. :think:

3394730171_60e0bb76d6_o.jpg

3394730673_9248f6c604_o.jpg

TS, the best time to do 'night' photography is actually to shoot long exposures with some evening light still in the sky. The sunset starts at 7:05pm so you want to be there maybe 15-30 minutes before 7pm to setup your equipment and do some test shots.

One more thing to note. The haze thing is back in singapore. So might not be the best to shoot landscapes recently. You see all the old-bird landscape photographers here in CS are all quiet these few days.

Also Anson is right. Dawn at the barrage is excellent. very beautiful there and not to mention quiet and peaceful. evenings on sat or sun, the barrage is a mad-house.

Here are some of my shots of Barrage @ dawn.

3664382759_0f82432907_m.jpg
3665187308_88debc496c_m.jpg
3866987576_50dfebf911_m.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.