40d Continuous Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquaobsession

May 14, 2006
Hi,

Did some shots with 40d + 50mm1.8, aperture 1.8, iso1600. Just to get the speed. I notice that the pictures are not the same, there is a dark 'band' some of the pictures.

Anyone experience that. I;ve tried searching the forum, but could not find any discussion.

Cheers, Christophe

Yes, if it was in Aperture mode, u'll see different shutter speeds in the series of photos cos the shutter speed depends on ur camera metering. Why don't u try in Manual mode and set a fast shutter speed. U'll sure have consistant pictures.

by any chance were you shooting with fluorescent lights?

Yes... shooting with florescent light on. Was night time.

Okie, right, I was in aperture mode.

Okie, thks, will go try again.. I was worried, because I once remember reading a review about camera producing vertical dark band.

** did test in manual mode, high shutter speed, in natural light environment. yea pictures shows no difference.

Cheers guys, appreciate the feedback.
Christophe

Okie, thks, will go try again.. I was worried, because I once remember reading a review about camera producing vertical dark band.

** did test in manual mode, high shutter speed, in natural light environment. yea pictures shows no difference.

Christophe

Hmm...the first shound be the reason because of the 'pulsing' nature of flo lights, but your test in natural light, if still got band, better send to CSC for checking, and provide them with the test shots.

Christophe

pics show no difference, as in theres no dark band in the pics any more right.. anyway, the fluorescent light thingy gets posted here quite often..

Hi,

Did some shots with 40d + 50mm1.8, aperture 1.8, iso1600. Just to get the speed. I notice that the pictures are not the same, there is a dark 'band' some of the pictures.

Anyone experience that. I;ve tried searching the forum, but could not find any discussion.

Cheers, Christophe

A friend of mine who is using 40D... will get a magenta band in the picture @ ISO 1600...
He got it serviced by CSC and now it is ok...

not sure if it is related to your issue.

cheers

Oh just in case, to avoid confusion.. when i said earlier "shows no difference", it means pictures are fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.