+4 close up filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to get blur images in the viewfinder whether i'm using a 28-80 or 50mm lens when I'm trying to take a shot of a 20 cent coin. So i guess I'm doing something wrong :embrass:

Anyone can enlighten me what is the correct way/distance?

thks in advance!

how about set the manual focus to min distance..then move the camera front and back till you get perfect focus and then take the shot. you would need very steady hands for this... ;)

kristlbel said:
I seem to get blur images in the viewfinder whether i'm using a 28-80 or 50mm lens when I'm trying to take a shot of a 20 cent coin. So i guess I'm doing something wrong :embrass:

Anyone can enlighten me what is the correct way/distance?

thks in advance!

move your camera+lens to a distance of 20 to 30 cm ... you should be able to see the object in focus. bear in mind that when using closeup filter , you should see the object has very shallow DOF thru viewfinder.

thks all. needs practice. :p

sometimes, even tho the picture is sharp in AP-mode, nothing happens when i try to take the picture. i've to do it by brute force - chg to manual mode :p

Actually I suggest going to MF and then physically moving the camera instead of relying on the AF. Seems to work better for me since the AF may take a long time to lock on esp. in bad lighting (for macro work).

Status
Not open for further replies.