#4 Beachwear + Elegant Feast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
melissafaith said:
Walking distance dear. It's all within the vicinity. Sorry for not clarifying. :)
no worries darling, i'll think about this one, even tho i never go for paid (as in i have to pay) shoots before.. but sibeh sian shoot wedding all the time.. so need a "break".

either way, upz for u, hope this one is a success! :)

up for u, mel!

chermaine and michelle are great models to work with! :thumbsup:

sorry, mel, had to give this a miss... :mad2: thinking of signing up for some classes at objectifs and might clash.

If you do the math, this shoot works out to paying just $17.50 per model.

So if i do the maths ... you can make 40 x $180 = $7200 in this projects ?

xxxger said:

well.. i suppose she still have to share tat money with the 8 of them?

xxxger said:

yummy.. :lovegrin:

I am giving it a miss, since the time is still 3hours and though
you get 8 models, but the number of shots u can squeeze off is almost similar to what you can get from other 3hours shots.

further you can only capture each model @ each wear, no change of clothing at all.

try to imagine what is limited with 3hours shoot. you don't expect the model to change after each shot with 8 different groups.
You will be running around 8 different locations like mad with 20mins each model, imagine the stress on the photographers and models.
20 minutes x 8 models = 2hours 40mins.
20mins divide by 8 = 2mins+ or so rest for yourself between shots.

this was not clarfiy properly in the thread.

I suggest the thread starter clarify and explain in more detail than leave potential signups expecting more.
(like myself)

nightwolf75 said:
up for u, mel!

chermaine and michelle are great models to work with! :thumbsup:

sorry, mel, had to give this a miss... :mad2: thinking of signing up for some classes at objectifs and might clash.
Np, Nightwolf! :) U take care!~

:heart::heart: Chermaine :heart::heart:

Upz for u again, mel!

This time round organise such a large number of models, thats incredible for u. All the while, I observe that u organise one or two models at a time but not for this time. I have worked well with chermaine and michelle before and they are really great.

300n

xxxger said:

I ignored u the 1st time but i can't ignore u the 2nd time. There is a limit for being nice. I had enough of u doing calculations on how much i earn. It's just basic respect that u dun let alone post it up for everyone to see.
I've seen ur previous posts and gathered that u're a very jealous female who ain't good looking enough to be a model. That's too bad. Dun rub ur misery off others. You also commented that there is this one organiser who frequently organises shoots here and has been earning a lot outta them that he can buy a car already. Well, so what? Angry with yourself that you can't do it? It's our lives-leave us alone. Envious or bitter, hold ur peace or take it into PM!

On the surface, the 8 models shoot appeared to be an excellent deal. OP herself had conveniently pointed out that if you sign up early & together with a friend, you pay $140, and it’s only $17.50 per model. Wow, what a price! However, lets looked deeper into the business side of this shoot, and here are my observations:

Pricing:
According to the OP, each of the 8 teams will have 20 minutes per model, total shooting time, 160 minutes Per minute cost at $140, its $0.88, at $150, its $0.94, and at $180, its $1.13. that is cheap.

Lets compare OP’s shoot to the average shoot organized on CS. 6 photographers, cost is $50-$75 for a 3+ hours shoot, net shooting time 160 minutes, the per minute cost is $0.31 to $0.47. Well, the OP’s shoot is not so cheap after all.

OP is promising 20 minutes per model. That is not bad, but if you divide up the time among the 5 photographers, it’s only 4 minutes of equivalent 1 on 1 shooting timel. That is very little time. Actually, bothering no time to shoot!

With total equivalent 1 on 1 time of 32 minutes, per minute cost at $140, its $4.38, at $150, its $4.69, and at $180, its $5.63. Compare to a typical shoot, the cost will be $1.56 to $2.34.

Shooting Time:
OP will argue that that you have exactly the same amount of time you have with the typical shoot with 1 model. True, but assuming there will be 2-3 outfits, for each look, you have 10 minutes 40 seconds to 16 minutes of equivalent 1 on 1 time to pose and shoot, vs. 4 minutes here. You are much more likely to produce the images you want with more time to pose and shoot. With only 4 minutes per model, you are better off just fire away as fast as you can.

At the end of the day, the shoot will be extremely disjointed. There will be no time to think about any shots. You will have to be a machine gun and hope for that lucky shot. Oh, you mean snap shots, yes, you are right!

Cost:
Now let’s look at the cost structure of this shoot. Typical models on Club Snap charge about $150 per shoot. I will use the high end figure for this analysis, $250.
OP claimed to have 3 MUA on hand. Let’s assume they cost $100 each for the shoot.
Assuming OP will hire 8 assistance to help run the shoot, 1 per model, and each cost $30.
OP stated refreshment will be provided, assuming that will cost $150 and assuming another $50 for incidentals.

Let’s add up the cost – 8 models will cost $2,000, 3 MUAs will cost $300, 8 assistants will cost $240, others $200, the total is $2,740. Add a mark up profit for the organizer, after all, no one is expected to do something for nothing, let’s use 50% margin, that is $1,370. The grand total will be $4,110.

If every photographer who joined this shoot pays $140, the total take will be $5,600. If all the other costs hold constant the markuo for the organiser will be 104% of cost. Not bad at all.

If I double the amount each model is getting to $500 each for this shoot, the cost will increase by $2,000 from $2,740 to $4,740. Still the organizer will still make a decent mark up of 18% or $860.

I have nothing against the models making a good living, nor the organizer making a good profit, but what I see appears to be way out of line with the market.

What is important to me is not how much I pay for a shoot, but will I be able to create the images I want to create. With the amount of time and the ensuring chaos that inevitably accompanies such events, I don’t believe it’s possible. Then the cost of this shoot is not justifiable, nor my time spent shooting.

Just my 2 cents. Melissa, I wish you luck with this event!

The Accountant

And please no need to attack me, I did register specifically to post this response, in order to protect everyone close to me.

jOhO said:
no worries darling, i'll think about this one, even tho i never go for paid (as in i have to pay) shoots before.. but sibeh sian shoot wedding all the time.. so need a "break".

either way, upz for u, hope this one is a success! :)
Yo! ;) Thanks for ur well wishes. :) We should meet up someday. PM me!

Thanks, 300n and espn.

Impt notes:
1) This shoot will not be at a beach as it'll be too hot.
2) I'm NOT handling this shoot by myself. Assistants provided.

Group 1:
1) --reserve-- (JL)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 2:
1) --reserve-- (HG)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 3:
1) --reserve-- (ER)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 4:
1) --reserve-- (SM)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 5:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 6:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 7:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Group 8:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Interested parties, pls feel free to PM me! :cheergal:

Is there a reason for this? :dunno:

The Accountant said:
And please no need to attack me, I did register specifically to post this response, in order to protect everyone close to me.

vince123123 said:
Is there a reason for this? :dunno:
Aiya Vince, pple too much time la. Maybe they gain orgasmic pleasure by doing this. Anyway I'D LIKE NO MORE ATTACKS OR OT REMARKS ON MY THREAD.

:thumbsup:!!! Join!

The Accountant said:
On the surface, the 8 models shoot appeared to be an excellent deal. ........
Hi The Accountant,

Appreciate your intention, irregardless what teams or models shoots the photographers take up, they still have to pay. The only thing can justify the cost is the result, not by the length of shoot or how many models to shoot.

So just let the photographers decide for what they want.

Hi Melissa, sorry for OT in you thread.

catchlights said:
Hi The Accountant,

Appreciate your intention, irregardless what teams or models shoots the photographers take up, they still have to pay. The only thing can justify the cost is the result, not by the length of shoot or how many models to shoot.

So just let the photographers decide for what they want.

Hi Melissa, sorry for OT in you thread.
Np. :) Pple are just trying to make this into a +1 thread so the shoot won't go on. Thanks for ur support.

:thumbsup: anyone interested, pls PM me! :D

Wow, this thread is getting a tad flaming - let's not get personal on the attacks and I think it is not appropriate to crap over someone's organized event on his/her thread - that's just professional courtesy.

The provision of such modeling/shooting services is just capitalism at work and I don't think that we can fault anybody for making money, no matter the quantum.

The beauty of a free market is such that market forces will ensure that prices and demand will dictate the success of the venture:

1) If it's too expensive, then demand will slacken because the buyers are not stupid to pay for above market rates for mediocre goods.

2) If it's expensive for a reason (e.g. superb model, long shooting times, good locations etc), then the market will decide whether buyers want to participate or not - price and demand will settle at some point.

3) If the event turns out to be badly organized with too many failed promises, then the provider of this service will naturally be weeded out of the market through bad reviews and an avoidance by future buyers.

The one rule that defines all market purchases is caveat emptor - buyer beware. You take the risk on the buy.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but I think that I just wanted to bring some perspective back to the thread.

espn said:
Chermaine QUOTE]

Err .. my is :heart: :heart: Michelle :heart: :heart:

Upzz for Melissafaith .. not easy to coordinate such a big group of models and MUA and assistance hor ... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.