4-base/16-base scan for slide/negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohaj

Nov 9, 2005
Would like to find out which lab is good in doing 4-base/16-base scan for slide/negative? Try a few labs and did not get any good results from them. And if there is a recommendation, kindly advise the cost for processing plus scan charges. Thanks!

i think fuji frontiers are not made for good scans. i've had pretty bad experiences scanning slides (colour very very lousy, almost washed out) and negs (turns out very very noisy).

instead, try kex. he's a user in this forum.

apparently the noritsu lab machines i have worked with also give quite low res scan even at 16 base. I think the best is to use dedicated film scanners like those by nikon and minolta.

i need only basic scan. noritsu or fuji frontiers scans seem to look lousy in term of colour. just wonder any lab can do both processing as well as basic scan with Correct colour.

no lab do a good job for process of slide and scanning??? any advise?

i tried scannign with fuji frontier machine at grace digital lab. even though it's 16base, the quality sucks. looks worse than pictures taken with my PnS cam. there tends to be a lot of noise (grain?) and contrast is severely lacking. i scanned a roll of Ilford Delta 400 too, turned out horrendous.

PM: Kex or 35mm

In that case, I will need to send to 2 different parties for complete the job. 1st is to develop/process the slides/negatives and 2nd to scan the slides/negatives. It seems that it will take about 2 weeks to complete one full cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.