3rd Party Batteries - Which Brand is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

humbee

Dec 17, 2008
Hi everyone

I just got a new 40D recently, and would like to get a second battery. The original Canon battery is simply to expensive, about $120 each, and I'm looking at 3rd party options.

Initially, I thought of getting East-Gear. However, a major photo retailer told me East-Gear doesn't seem good, and have returned all the stocks. I was recommended something called DiviPower instead, which I've never heard of before.

Can someone share your experiences on which 3rd party batteries is good for Canon DSLR, in my case, 40D and 300D (and a old G5 :bsmilie:).

Thank you:D

Hi everyone

I just got a new 40D recently, and would like to get a second battery. The original Canon battery is simply to expensive, about $120 each, and I'm looking at 3rd party options.

Initially, I thought of getting East-Gear. However, a major photo retailer told me East-Gear doesn't seem good, and have returned all the stocks. I was recommended something called DiviPower instead, which I've never heard of before.

Can someone share your experiences on which 3rd party batteries is good for Canon DSLR, in my case, 40D and 300D (and a old G5 :bsmilie:).

Thank you:D

Eastgear is just a company name. The brand is 'Camera Devices' and is so far the best 3rd party batt i've ever used and have also been using them for a few years.

i have gotton 2 different batteries for 2 different cameras from eastgear. Perform well in the beginning but 2 years later start to discharge faster and faster and become unusable. My choice is still the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.