3mp for < $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kodos

I'm a new member so pls go easy :embrass:

I'm looking for a 3mp digital camera for less than $1000 with all the usual features.. mostly point & shoot but some manual control would be good. ALso i need something relatively small.. i was lookign at the pentax optio 330... does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Also any shops besides AlanPhoto, Cathay and John 316 that i should do price checks at?

Thank you v v much :)

The 330 I think, cost slightly over 1K.
You oso have to consider the extra stuff that you going to buy with that 1K budget?

Anyway,
Some models to consider.
Fuji 601

... damm I can't recall liao!
Siao liao!
Memory lapse!

Some other models that to look at include

Sony P71 (P&S)
Nikon 885 (P&S)
Canon S30 (manual controls)
Olympus C3020 (slightly bigger, manual controls)
Minolta S304 (a big bigger, manual controls)

I would not recommend the Optio 330 because of the relatively poor image quality and battery life.

Originally posted by reflecx

Sony P71 (P&S)
Nikon 885 (P&S)

I would not recommend the Optio 330 because of the relatively poor image quality and battery life.

S404 out already? It should also be ard less than $1000.

Originally posted by reflecx

Sony P71 (P&S)
Nikon 885 (P&S)

Is there anyone of these which is best and most popular? Hard to know what to think when internet reviews say Optio 330 is quite good, then ppl say it's not.

Originally posted by kodos

Is there anyone of these which is best and most popular? Hard to know what to think when internet reviews say Optio 330 is quite good, then ppl say it's not.

The Olympus C-3020z, Minolta S304 and Canon S30 are 3 of the better ones.....which one is the best is up to ur personal preference.

Originally posted by kodos

Well for mi, I'll go for
1) Canon S30
2) Olympus C3020
3) Minolta S304
(not in order of prefrences)

Thanks for the help guys, could you give me approx prices for these ones?

1) Canon S30
2) Olympus C3020
3) Minolta S304

;)

1) Canon S30 ($980 - AP)
2) Olympus C3020 (The 3040 is selling for $970 at CP, so I expect that the 3020 might be going for around $850 or less)
3) Minolta S304 ($680 - CP & AP)

Status
Not open for further replies.