39th season of Weight Loss Cafe. Who's having piglet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nay... think i start saving toward a D40 la... more affordable & less things to buy after i get the dslr also

some other things such as ext flash, extra dslr battery, higher capacity CF card, portable hdd, bag, tripod, cleaning kit, AAs charger + AAs can easily hit few hundreds (even when some are thrown in as freebies).

some other things such as ext flash, extra dslr battery, higher capacity CF card, portable hdd, bag, tripod, cleaning kit, AAs charger + AAs can easily hit few hundreds (even when some are thrown in as freebies).

haha...tats the pain wif DSLR....:bsmilie:

wat's the diff btw afs & afd lens?

thinking of learning dslr wif it & also bcos it's 1 of the cheapest Nikon dslr...

no money leh

afs has a motor in the lens to do autofocus. afd relies on motor in body.

anyway...if d40 have to manual focus with afd lens then forget it...not worth it. it will limit your choice of lenses.

you considered getting 2nd hand dslr? some of those in b&s are relatively new.

dat one predicted liao... & i alrdy hv some of the stuff so jus need to buy a few more... wun need to spend so much

nay... think i start saving toward a D40 la... more affordable & less things to buy after i get the dslr also

Then get the Canon S3 IS would be good enough. Cheaper than DSLR and has everything. :thumbsup:

afs has a motor in the lens to do autofocus. afd relies on motor in body.

anyway...if d40 have to manual focus with afd lens then forget it...not worth it. it will limit your choice of lenses.

you considered getting 2nd hand dslr? some of those in b&s are relatively new.

not really thinking abt 2nd hand cos personal reasons la

really...not worth for you to get d40. you will be sick of it in no time and sell it off. better to top up a bit more and get d50 or d80.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/compareproductitems.php?c[]=976-3f08245016&c[]=711-89d95f3f2a

did a comparison btw D50 (original target) & D40 (revised target)... of cos i dun understand half the info they have there, that's why i'm slowly asking questions here

rent a set of dslr from ola, try out over the w/end.
like it then buy, but be warned that some post processing might be needed if shooting with dslr.

Status
Not open for further replies.