35mm Lens on a MF body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lim

Oct 24, 2005
Can anyone educate me on this? I understand that 35mm lens can be fitted on MF bodies. How ever the coverage to infinity is not possible to reach due to its larger format.
Is there anything more to it? or a good read on it?

MF lens on 35 mm body possible. The other way not possible, due to size of imaging circle.

The point is to bring along only one set of lenses, the SLR/DSLR and an adapter.

Hmmmm i've heard of ppl using nikon lens for large format as well. Is this because on a large format, stitching is done. So each quater of the entire image is taken with the 35mm lens?

Hmmmm i've heard of ppl using nikon lens for large format as well. Is this because on a large format, stitching is done. So each quater of the entire image is taken with the 35mm lens?
Nikon do have large format lens like Rodenstock, Schneider, Fujinon are you referring to this?

using a 35mm camera lens on MF body is unlikely, cos the images circle is small than any 120 film format when it focus at infinite, like
waileong said.

o okok understand now. thanks guys. saw a set up that day during a food photog session near my place. hassy body with what looked like a pretty huge fujinon lens and a digital back. pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.