35mm film compacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
sounds a bit archaic in this digital age... but, apart from RFs and the collector rollei 35-series compacts, are there any recommended 35mm film compacts out there dat are relatively maintainence free?

i dun mean those leftover stocks of film compacts found in CashConverters or neighbourhood photo labs.

been toying to get one just for quick bnw snaps of my boy. :)

Oly XA, Fuji Natura, Ricoh GR series...

Out of the 3, you'll prolly find the Oly XA readily, the other 2 (they're point and snaps) are rather rare.

Terence said:
Out of the 3, you'll prolly find the Oly XA readily, the other 2 (they're point and snaps) are rather rare.

guess so... just did a search on fujifilm natura on ebay. only 2 are listed. oh well...

Not quite sure of the name, but I think NIkon 28 mm or 35 mm Ti had good reviews. I think Ron have a Nikon 28 mm Ti now. Thought I saw it a couple of days agao.

Yashica T4/T5, Olympus mju I/II comes to mind.

My T4 is approaching 8 years old, is partially disfigured, but still going strong. However, probably as rare as the recent Natura :p When I see T4/T5s on Clubsnap buy and sell, the sets invariably command a premium - ie no cheaper than what I paid new for them!

thanks, guys! will be dropping in on TCW later this week. have to go there to look for a safrotto anyway. :)

I got Olympus mju I .. shoot less then 5 rolls since the day I brought it for my mom .... :bsmilie: it is for her to use .. not me lar .. :)

kex said:
olympus MJU is really nice!

alot on yahoo nowadays..

true... then again, i dun really trust yahoo auct these days. some of the stuff being sold on it are of questionable quality... even tho the pic of items are great. but, it falls flat upon viewing... *bleah*

ET - hehe... waiting for good news tonite from u. ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
buy LOMO.... hehe...

hehe... tempting. but i think a 'proper' 35mm compact will last my interest longer. ;p

shld have bidded for dat spoilt rollei 35 LED earlier in WTS. haiz. :(

Have you tried Contax T2 or T3? It had quality that might even better than those SLR lenes.

if u have a mid range budget... u may wanna try get the ricoh..based on my personl experience.. its one hell of a performer..though ricoh is never realli a brand one would think of when buying cameras, its GR series till the GRD today still amazes me..

the GR1/S/V... is quite a bang for buck.. in fact.. think someone is selling one in B&S now :)

nightwolf75 said:
true... then again, i dun really trust yahoo auct these days. some of the stuff being sold on it are of questionable quality... even tho the pic of items are great. but, it falls flat upon viewing... *bleah*

ET - hehe... waiting for good news tonite from u. ;)

hee hee still clicking and flashing, guess its working :bsmilie:

canonet QL17 G III

Status
Not open for further replies.