350D price in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

zanef2.8

Feb 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
www.pbase.com
Hi guys

Friend of mine will be coming to Singapore this Saturday for a few days, hoping to pick up a 350D, preferably body only.

I know that Cathay and MS Colors are reputable shops, I also know there's a shop called Camera World or something opposite to Pennisular Plaza in City Hall. Is this a good shop to buy?

Any body know the price of 350D body only or with kit lens in Singapore now?

And there's a promotion right? got details?

Thanks a lot

Zane

zanef2.8 said:
Hi guys

Friend of mine will be coming to Singapore this Saturday for a few days, hoping to pick up a 350D, preferably body only.

I know that Cathay and MS Colors are reputable shops, I also know there's a shop called Camera World or something opposite to Pennisular Plaza in City Hall. Is this a good shop to buy?

Any body know the price of 350D body only or with kit lens in Singapore now?

And there's a promotion right? got details?

Thanks a lot

Zane

Avoid that "World Camera" shop at all costs

You'll be OK with Cathay or MS Color though. Some other shops you can try in the vicinity include John 3:16 and TCW

The price is actually cheaper in KL.... RM4,299 w/free batt grip (SGD1,919). Some places even as low as SGD1,800 w/batt grip and lens kit.

CP selling SGD1,999 the last I checked.

not cheap in KL, i tink the battery grip is already factored into the 4299MYR. in other words, the batt grip is not free at all. :nono: also if i not mistaken, the S$1999 is canon sg retail price tag any shop will give a much lower quote than their RRP.
petewong said:
The price is actually cheaper in KL.... RM4,299 w/free batt grip (SGD1,919). Some places even as low as SGD1,800 w/batt grip and lens kit.

CP selling SGD1,999 the last I checked.

If you email Cathay for an equote they will most probably quote you a lower price than 1,999.

Cathay is obviously reliable and reputable and yes Camera World opposite Pennisula Plaza is also a very reliable great shop. they've been around for a very long time. I am a recent customer of theirs but my friend Alec Ee (http://elanist.com/alec), has been their customer for over a decade if i am not wrong. Look for Nelson at the Camera World.

AP at Funan is selling at $1740 incl GST. I just asked them a few hrs ago.

Sigh.. all so ex.. i think i'll be getting it from hk.. it's about SGD$1300 without lens, and SGD$1450 with lens.. the price difference pays for a return flight to HK from Singapore.

Considering the $300 difference, do u think it's worth it getting from HK with international warranty (every where else in the world except Singapore and Malaysia)? are repairs normally expensive?

Actually if u try hard enough, can get as low as SGD1,750 in KL (w/lens & batt grip). I might get one myself as a spare camera. HK price is still unbeatable... but try to work in your hotel, food, taxis etc besides airfare. And if something wrong, u fly to HK again to get it fixed? Just a thought :)

unseen said:
Sigh.. all so ex.. i think i'll be getting it from hk.. it's about SGD$1300 without lens, and SGD$1450 with lens.. the price difference pays for a return flight to HK from Singapore.

Considering the $300 difference, do u think it's worth it getting from HK with international warranty (every where else in the world except Singapore and Malaysia)? are repairs normally expensive?

ISHIDA at Lucky Plaza Quote me $1450 (w/o GST) for the 350D.

Unfortunately, 350D too small for my liking.

:) for me, lodging, food and transport in HK is free. heehee..
hmm but thinking of getting someone to buy and send over.. at most send back for repair.. wondering if it's expensive to repair here..

Heard that in HK they value their service very much.. my friend brought a 3 yr old camera in to canon for repair, they had no spare parts, so my friend complain.. then they gave him a totally brand new camera. In fact, he did it 3 times already. Both Minolta and Canon.

Ishida @ Lucky Plaza? cool.. I'm on it.. gonna check it out tomorrow.

user12343 said:
not cheap in KL, i tink the battery grip is already factored into the 4299MYR. in other words, the batt grip is not free at all. :nono: also if i not mistaken, the S$1999 is canon sg retail price tag any shop will give a much lower quote than their RRP.
4299MYR is the RRP. You should expect something like > 10% or more off at any of the large reputable shops (who are also authorised Canon camera re-sellers).

hi so have you checked out whether it is really selling $1450 w/o gst @ ishida lucky plaza?:)

RM3850 at Boeing Sungai Wang - kit package and comes with battery grip. Canon malaysia is having this free battery grip offer until end of July.

Overally, 350d price hover around RM3700-RM3900 for kit package. If you are keen, try to grab it by July to secure a free battery grip :)

Yeah, pls do check ishida and let us know. Make sure it's not a grey set. If really that cheap i would buy there, too. Hope they include the lens kit and free battery grip.

unseen said:
:) for me, lodging, food and transport in HK is free. heehee..
hmm but thinking of getting someone to buy and send over.. at most send back for repair.. wondering if it's expensive to repair here..

Heard that in HK they value their service very much.. my friend brought a 3 yr old camera in to canon for repair, they had no spare parts, so my friend complain.. then they gave him a totally brand new camera. In fact, he did it 3 times already. Both Minolta and Canon.

Ishida @ Lucky Plaza? cool.. I'm on it.. gonna check it out tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.