350D , 400D or 30D??

Status
Not open for further replies.

919956g

considering one of them. 350D , 400D or 30D??

Any Advice to give?;)

what is ur budget like? you need to understand that there will be more cost. accessories, lens, flash. how much in total are you willing to spend on this system?

919956g said:

Any Advice to give?;)

Wait for '40D'!:bsmilie:

If you are considering one of them, I guess you can afford either of them.

So what are your considerations ?

If you can afford the 30D, can you also afford 1 or 2 other lens also ?

What is your budget ? What type of photography is it for ?

for model and product shoots.

2K for budget...................well i already have some Digi compatible lens

Pablo said:
If you are considering one of them, I guess you can afford either of them.

So what are your considerations ?

If you can afford the 30D, can you also afford 1 or 2 other lens also ?

What is your budget ? What type of photography is it for ?

919956g said:
for model and product shoots.

2K for budget...................well i already have some Digi compatible lens

take the 400D kit can liaoz....the rest buy 4D...:bsmilie:

What u mean by Digi compatible lens? which lens u have?

919956g said:

Any Advice to give?;)

30D user myself... I like the size and grip of it... Initially wanted a 350D, but I find it very light and when mount on the lens I find it abit difficult to control. I have big hands, thus I opt for 30D, anyway, 30D performance wise have more features than 350D and 400D... you cannot really compare a Budget and a Entry Level Semi Pro Cam...

devilboy said:
30D user myself... I like the size and grip of it... Initially wanted a 350D, but I find it very light and when mount on the lens I find it abit difficult to control. I have big hands, thus I opt for 30D, anyway, 30D performance wise have more features than 350D and 400D... you cannot really compare a Budget and a Entry Level Semi Pro Cam...
Ermz.. Actually 30D doesn't have much extra features than the 400D, to a lesser extent the 350D.. Maybe other than the 5frame per seconds shooting mode, and the much much louder mirror slap, and a spot metering mode which most people don't use anyway.. Oh ya ok, it has a very useful wheel though..

I think the problems is, for Canon, if you compare the "Budget" and "Semi Pro" cams, there isn't much difference. In fact, 400D outstrips 30D in all imaging aspects especially even noise performance, except the 5FPS and the spot metering mode.

Oh ya, 30D is supposed to be better built, so that you can drop your camera or subject it to banging more than the 350D or the 400D which is made of "cheap plastic". That said, I'd never want to bang my camera anyway, so it doesn't really matter what built it is.

I think the only problem for you would be, do you want to pay extra $$ for the feel good factor, or are the 3 extra features worth the extra $$ of 30D. (it totally depends on your skill level)

IMO i think spot metering is rather to user's preference. i find myself stuck with my 400D because of the lack of spot meter while taking a few shots at home. but then, i still can make do with my manual settings since it's still life.

indeed a 400D feels like plastic. adding of a batt grip perhaps will improve the handling. but then IMO all cameras are equally capable of producing good photos.

i did rather spend my $$$ on lens :D

919956g said:

Any Advice to give?;)

Go with your heart and feel... if you hold it and it feels good, that's probably the one for you. Other than that, everything else in my humble opinion depends on your right index finger :thumbsup:

hello...............

thanks for ur advice....duude.

1) One main requirements for me is that i would need to enlarge the pix up to about 1.5 metres in height..thus need good resolution ....am i right to say getting 400D with 10.1 Gb pixels would be the best choice?

2) (stupid Q)What makes a 'High end' a "HIGH END", i used to think its the resolution till 400D came out......anyone bother to drop a hint ?

3) the 1D, 10D..... how is 30D not up to mark compared to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.